PROLOGUE 1

🌸𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸
~NARRATOR PERSPECTIVE~
𝖠𝖦𝖤 11
𝖬𝖮𝖭𝖳𝖧 𝖭𝖮𝖵𝖤𝖬𝖡𝖤𝖱

♡ "You are going to miss the train Chi Chi hurry!"The young girl's mother waved her off after placing a light kiss on her daughter's forehead

The young girl's mother waved her off after placing a light kiss on her daughter's forehead.
She watched as her daughter smiled brightly, waving and calling out to her for what seemed like the hundredth time, her frizzy white hair was already a mess.
Her pale blue eyes unique and sparkling as they batted.
"Off you go Chiyo."
"Bye Bye mama! I will have a good day if you do!"
"Yes honey. Have the best day!"
And the door shut and silence filled the small house.
These four walls have somehow kept her little girl safe and happy.
Somehow her daughter could still smile despite their situation.
The mother looked over to her husband still passed out from the previous night of drinking, as per usual.
Somehow she had kept her daughter safe from HIM.

"Chi Chi! Did you have a good break?"
Chiyo's best friend from school gave her a hug as they met at the train station, she smoothed down the girl's white frizzy hair as she took in Chiyo's face.
She was three years older than the small girl. She understood a lot more, noticed a lot more, and worried for her.
"Maki-san! Yes I had fun! Mama took me to the aquarium for my birthday too!"
The girl was giddy just remembering the trip.
The blue lights.
The feeling of being under water.
The jelly fish and sharks!
"What was your favorite sea animal Chi Chi?"
Maki entertained her, smiling seeing the girl so excited to think back on her trip.
"Starfish! There was this really pretty pink one, it was poisonous though so I couldn't touch it! Maki-san you should come next time!"
"I definitely will. Have you ever been to the zoo Chiyo?"
The small girl shook her head, Maki taking her right hand as the train approached, squeezing it protectively.

"It has lions and tigers and bears."
"Oh my!"
They both giggled, the train coming to a windy stop, messing up Chiyo's hair once again, they kept giggling as they entered.
A few other students at the girl's school were there, they took their seats across from Chiyo and Maki and the train was silent as it started up.
Chiyo yawned, hugging her small body into the girl who treated her like a little sister.
Chiyo always wished she could have a sister too, but as she was getting older, she was starting to understand her home life was not all it should be.
Her mom tried her best to shield her from the bad...but no matter how loud she put up the tv, some screaming could still be heard.
"Maki-san..?"
"Chiyo?"

"When mom and dad fight..."
Maki's heart stammers,
"It is not your fault Chiyo."
She cut in with a slight desperation.
Chiyo was just silent, unknowing about most, but this, she felt herself understand quite well.
"What is middle school like?"
Chiyo changed the subject as she watched Maki's eyes.
"It is a little scary, it is bigger and you meet more people, but I know you will have an amazing time."
They both smile, and turn their attention to the passing scenery, Chiyo gripped the straps of her backpack in anticipation.
"I cant wait to tell mama how school was today!"
"I know, she better get out of the house and do something just as fun to tell you about when you get home!"

~

The school was just as large and intimidating as Maki had told the girl, but that did not spoil her excitement to start a new grade and maybe make more friends.
Maki was her only friend really, Mai liked her too but she was busy doing sorcerer stuff and Maki wasn't too far behind.
Chiyo had cursed energy, but it was not heavy amounts, she had no reason to have a huge amount of cursed energy anyway. She was generally very happy and sheltered.
"Now there is a catch-"
Maki took Chiyo's shoulders and made her face her.
"Hmm?"
"My nephew is a year above you and a year below me. He is quite the troublemaker, so if you see him around, just try to avoid him for now. He is just in a delinquent state, so to keep yourself out of trouble, don't approach him."

"Who is he?"
"Fushiguro Megumi."
"Not Zenin?"
She shook her head.
"No, it's complicated. Just do yourself a favor and avoid him until he understands himself."
Chiyo agreed without any further questions.
She felt bad though, what if she meets him and he is nice to her?
She glanced at the side of Maki's face as they walked.
Maki always keeps the small girl's best interest in mind...
But this precaution?
"Is Megumi not a nice person..?"
"He is a nice person Chiyo, he just does not understand what exactly his role is yet. It gets him into trouble."
She nods, looking at the lockers they passed, glancing at the girls and boys walking together or separate.
All of them were taller than her. Even Maki noticed, she herself looked down at the girl when they spoke.

"You will get taller and stronger Chi Chi."
"I hope so..."
Chiyo looked at her small hands, flexing her fingers, she felt the gentle current of cursed energy flow through her.
"I have to get bigger and stronger if I am going to be a sorcerer."
"You wont be a sorcerer Chi Chi. Im sure of it."
Maki had a heavenly restriction on her cursed energy, but with that, she was given inhuman strength instead.
Chiyo always wondered why that was.
Either way, Maki can still be a jujitsu "sorcerer".
And that made Chiyo want to be one too.
"I want to fight Curses with you Maki-san."
"Do you..?"
Maki frowned, and just in time-the bell began to ring, signaling for first period to begin.
-