THIRTEEN

NARRATOR POV
𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸
AGE 16

♡ "Happy birthday Chiyo, I'll be coming home with Yuta tomorrow, our flight got delayed

♡ "Happy birthday Chiyo, I'll be coming home with Yuta tomorrow, our flight got delayed. Has everything been okay? I havent talked to you in a bit because my data doesn't work out here well. call me back when you get the chance, leave a voicemail if I miss you. I need to know you are safe. See you tomorrow."
PRESS ONE TO HEAR VOICE MESSAGE AGAIN, PRESS TWO TO CALL BACK, PRESS THREE TO DELETE.
Chiyo laid her head on the desk,the tears streaming down her eyes and across the bridge of her nose, they wouldn't stop.
Yesterday one of her friends died and she just has to keep moving forward?
One of her teachers died and she is just supposed to have faith everything will get better?

"Chi Chi."
Yuji came into the classroom, setting an energy drink on the girl's desk and rubbing her hair, she didn't acknowledge him.
"Im upset too you know..."
He sighs, pulling up a chair next to her, laying his head on the desk next you hers, facing her, she turned her head away from him.
"This is...the life of a sorcerer..."
Sorcery got serious out of no where was what got to her the most. One minute she was 13 figuring out her technique and going on fun small missions, next she is 16 and torn apart that her friend only 18 years old died in a fight that came out of nowhere.
"This is so unfair..."
She coughed from crying so much.
"I know."
Yuji looked tired. His eyes dark and lightless, dark eye bags, messy hair, wrinkled uniform.
Chiyo looked no better, just with bloodshot eyes and a red irritated nose from wiping it so much.
She didn't even bother to pit on her uniform. She wore one of Megumi's hoodies and a pair of pajama pants.
"Was it just Nanami Sensei and Nobara..?"
She asked hesitantly.
She hasn't seen anyone but Yuji since the incident yesterday.

"To my knowledge. I saw Gojo Sensei on my way here, he was with Panda, Toge and Maki are in pretty bad shape but they are alive."
She nods, finally turning her head to lay facing Yuji.
She looked at the light glaze of tears in his eyes.
Then she was flooded with guilt for acting like she was the only one who has been crying. Who knew Nobara and Nanami. Who saw their friend die.
Yuji saw both.
He knew both for longer than her.
"Im sorry...for your loss, Yuu-san..."
And they both cried.
They hugged, and they cried...

~

Megumi and Yuta were at the airport, waiting for their flight, when Yuta got a message, causing his skin to pale.
Megumi looked over his shoulder concerned, his heart racing, his eyes scanning the text.
NOBARA AND NANAMI : DEAD
He hadn't heard back from Chiyo either but she wasn't a death on the list so he didn't worry as much about ber physical condition.
"How..?"
Megumi looked back up at Yuta who was already typing back to Gojo.
"Im finding out now..."
They both felt a pit in their stomach.
Was he being for real?
Why would he even lie about that?
This was so sudden and out of nowhere.
"Can we catch an earlier flight?"
"No, Megumi...we need to stay calm. When we get back we will know everything. It helps no one to worry when we physically cannot do anything."
Yuta was right.
Still, Megumi couldn't help but worry.
He started typing to Chiyo, but stopped knowing his messages couldn't go through until they were in the air.

"What do you think happened?"
Megumi could not settle, turning his phone off and looking to Yuta who shook his head, but indulged him for his own sanity.
"Maybe it has something to do with Sukuna's vassal."
"Yuji is not that reckless. Sukuna hadn't even been expressing himself much either...but then again, I haven't been home in six months..."
Megumi ran his fingers back into his hair, then gripped it in anger.
"I shouldn't have left. I'm never leaving them alone again. This just..."
Nanami and Nobara are dead.
They are dead.
How?
Why?
"Take a deep breath. We won't be there until tomorrow Megumi. Just...try to focus on what we learned here for now okay?"
Yuta smiled despite being just as upset.
He didn't show it though.
"I feel like a little kid again Yuta. With no hold on the emotions I am feeling. I've been getting better...but this-"
"You will be whole again once we get back to Tokyo. Chiyo is okay, isn't that what matters most to you?"

Megumi nods, his jaw clenching.
"What if she isn't okay tomorrow though?"
"Stop."
"I can't. If I lose her..."
"Megumi. She is a tough girl. This is unfortunately just a learning curb for us all. The older we get the more we will become neutral with death. The stronger we get, the safer we become."
Megumi just shook his head in his hands, his left leg bouncing up and down anxiously.
"I need to be with her..."
"You will be. Soon."
-

//The plot will now officially slow down and be less time skip filled :)