FOUR

🌸𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸
AGE 11

♡ "I see Megumi got you here in one piece~"As we got through the door, Gojo hummed, handing me a black uniform

As we got through the door, Gojo hummed, handing me a black uniform.
"We just took the train."
Megumi mumbled, kicking his shoes off and walking further into the house. I accept the uniform and Gojo leads me to an empty tatami room to change in.
It was a little big, but I rolled the pant legs up and cuffed the long sleeve shirt, walking out to where I hear Megumi and Gojo arguing.
"I need to study Gojo Sensei."
"You never study Megumi. Help me out here."
"I do study, you just don't see it."
"Because you don't."
I walk into the room and tilt my head.
Now that I think about it, Megumi is a delinquent BUT he is also the top performer on tests and assignments.
He really is cool.

"Megumi, take her to the field. I'll meet you both there."
"She is your student. Not mine."
"She is your new teammate. Now go."
"Teammate?"
Megumi glared up at Gojo who just shrugged, patting my head as he walked past. I looked away from Megumi.
He clearly didn't want me to be a teammate of his.
He was a lone wolf I guess.
That is really lonely though.
"Come on."
He sighs, walking past me too back towards the door, the sun was beginning to set when we stepped outside.
The sky was beautiful, pink and orange and yellow.
There was no cloud in sight.
"I hope you won't stare up at the sky like a goldfish during a fight."
Megumi commented, I glanced up at him now next to me, watching me take in the sky.
"I won't. I promise I won't burden you."
He shook his head, and he looked up at the sky too.
He let out a loud drawn out sigh, his hands sliding into his hair, gripping it before he crossed his arms up behind his neck.
"Just do your best. I will do the rest."

~

I lived by that from then on.
A few months into training with Gojo and Megumi and I was able to discover my technique.
My cursed technique was like my personality as worded by Gojo.
Bright, erratic, difficult.
I quickly found that I was definitely the weakest link in a battle and can't defend myself too well because of how unstable my technique was.
But what I lacked is what Megumi made up for.
Though it seemed to annoy him sometimes.
"Behind you."
Megumi pulled me by my shoulders and threw me to the ground behind him.
How did I not sense him?
"You are more distracted today than you usually are goldfish. Snap out of it or I'll have to teach you the hard way."
He offered me down a hand,
"You wouldn't."
"I should."
I take his hand and he pulls me up. Then he steps back from me and starts to walk off.
"Where are you going?"
"The convini. Want anything?"

I jogged to catch up to him, stumbling a bit in sore legs, he didn't even look back to check on me.
Meanie...
"I asked if you wanted anything, not to come with me."
"You do a lot of things alone. You don't even talk to me at school-"
"We went over that. It is for your own good."
"I have you to protect me from bullies."
"What will happen when I graduate next year and you have two more years to go without me?"
I never thought about that.
My silence seemed to prove his point.
"I can handle myself."
"Really now? What will you do, blind them and then trip them?"
"You are being mean Megumi-san."
"Will your bullies be nice to you goldfish?"
"Stop calling me that!"
I stop walking with him. He just keeps on in the direction of the convince store.

"Fine. I'm going home for the night!"
He stops, turning around.
"Alone? No you aren't. Go back to my house and pout. I expect you to be over it when I get back."
"No. I am going to the train station and taking the last one home. I don't need you and I will prove it!"
I turned and started towards the other direction.
But like my shadow, Megumi was right behind me, grabbing one of my arms.
"Don't be so childish. This is a totally different situation than having bullies at school."
"I was fine taking the train at night alone before I met you Megumi-san."
He was quiet.
I was able to pull away from him, backing up a few steps.
"I can use my cursed technique now too. You don't need to be so worried about me all the time. Don't I annoy you anyway?"
He nods,
Ouch.
He didn't need to agree with me.
"Goodnight Megumi-san. I'll see you after school tomorrow then."

"We can talk at school Chiyo."
He made me pause.
"Really? We can?"
I smiled as I turned to him once again, hopping up and down excited.
"I warned you though. Now please, don't go home by yourself. Come with me to the convini."
He offered me a hand, and I gladly took it, completely forgetting we had just argued.
All that mattered now was that everyone at school will know that Megumi and I are friends.
"You know, you could have just sent Yin and Yang with me right?"
I hummed as we walked hand in hand, I kicked my feet in front of me happily.
"I guess."
-