PROLOGUE 3

🌸𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸
~FINAL PROLOGUE~

♡︎ "Mama I'm home!"I dance into the house, kicking my shoes off and slipping my light blue slippers on, my backpack sliding off my shoulders as I danced through the hallway towards the kitchen

♡︎ "Mama I'm home!"
I dance into the house, kicking my shoes off and slipping my light blue slippers on, my backpack sliding off my shoulders as I danced through the hallway towards the kitchen.
"Maki is at school with me this year! I get to walk with her everyday, isn't that great?"
I turn the corner into the kitchen, and she is not there.
"Mama?"
She never responded either.
"Dad?"
I felt an ominous feeling creeping up my spine, I could feel the baby hairs on the back of my neck stand up like hackles on a dog.
I slowly made my way through the kitchen and into the hall leading to the living-room.

The TV was on, those cans of beer still littered about the couch and table, my father was just not among them.
"Mama? Dad?"
I crept towards the steps up to the second floor where our bedrooms were, my heart began to beat so heard, my ears tensed at the loud sound of it.
"Mama..?"
I took one step at a time, slow and hesitant, glancing around the corner to the top, it was dark.
"Please...answer me."
My fingers felt up the wall until they landed on the light switch, and when the lights turned on-time seemed to stop.
My mother laid there in a pool of her own blood, right in the middle of our hallway.
"Mama..?"
Run.
I need to run.
My legs wont move though!
My eyes looked up from my mother's body to eyes in the dark of my parent's room watching me.
Run!

I just stood there.
The eyes moved from the dark, and my father's body wobbled out of their doorway.
Something was not right about him.
He would be mean after drinking too much...
But this wasn't because of those cans...
His eyes were no longer blue, they were grey, like the living dead.
"Dad..?"
I finally took a step back, but my foot was clumsy and I was sent tumbling down the steps, with each blow I screamed, and when I finally landed at the bottom, I looked up to see that my father did not follow.
Run.
I cant! My ankle...
My left ankle looked...broken, I heard heavy footsteps start slow down the steps and began to crawl away, making it into the kitchen before he reached the bottom of the steps.
"Please...dad!"
No words were spoken, he only dragged his feet towards me.
I kept pulling my body away, crawling towards the hall to the front door.

But he was faster, even when he wasn't trying very hard, and seized my hair, I screamed.
He turned me to stare into his dead eyes, and for a moment, it seemed like my father was actually still in there.
"Stop...please. You would never hurt me...What happened to mama? I will call the police and we can fix-"
Sharp pain sunk into my lower stomach...
My eyes turning down to see a knife now plunged into me.
"Dad...why?"
He let go of my hair, and watched as I struggled to sit up, gripping the knife, shaking.
"Why would you do this to us? Why? Why?!"
And I felt my dormant cursed energy begin to surge, as I screamed at a curse who took my father's body...probably while he killed my mother.
MY mother!
"How could you?!"
I felt no more pain from my injuries, they were not healed, but this cursed energy surge...it is a high that makes you forget your limits I heard once...

Somehow I was able to get up and get to the door, the man who was once my father still stood there in the hallway, just watching, I was angry and sad, hurt.
Today was supposed to be a good day...
I slam the door behind me and fall off our steps outside, I looked down at my blood soaked uniform, then the blood spreading out beneath me, and I cried.

~END OF PROLOGUE~