NINE

🌸𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸
AGE 15

♡ Exercising curses came as natural a breathing to Megumi

♡ Exercising curses came as natural a breathing to Megumi. The way he excelled in both hand to hand as well as sorcery was incredible to watch.
Today it was just him and I out on a small investigation, recently there were three students found dead in a movie theatre and then other oddly transformed beings around Tokyo, Yuji went with Kiyotaka to investigate closer to the initial incident.
"They are human."
Megumi subdued a creature that had jumped around the corner at him in the alley.
"Yeah...I could feel it. What do you think happened to them?"
"Your guess is as good as mine."
Megumi leaned on the white brick wall, he seemed to fade into the shadows, I no longer felt his presence but I could see him right in front of me.
"Let's take a break. You look tired."
I lean against the wall next to him, he looked down at me, those tired eyes...
"You don't sleep much these days...with your sister in a coma."
I reached up a hand and touch his jaw, tracing the sharpness of it with a light touch.
He didn't say anything. He just looked at me, his eyes getting heavier.
"Let's get back to the school and take a nap."
I say.

"I don't want to go back yet."
He shook his head, leaning down into my body, his head against my right shoulder, I slipped my hands along the sides of his ribs, he jolted initially but relaxed quickly.
"We should though. Look at you. Maybe Gojo can let you have the rest of the day off and I will go continue searching for answers to these people turning into monsters with Nobara."
He shook his head no.
"Megumi-san. If you are too tired to continue, you run a risk of putting us both in danger."
"Then let's both take a break. I just got you back, let me be selfish."
He mumbled into my neck.
Let him be selfish?
"Okay. We can go back to school, or to your house since we are closer to it than mine."
"My house works."
He stood up straight, taking my right hand in his left and walking us out of the alley. We both stayed on high alert.
Some sorcerers are blaming Yuji still being alive for all of this.
That is unfair to him though because all he has wrong with him is Sukuna sharing his body.
"Are you hungry?"

Once we get back to Megumi's, he makes his way to the kitchen.
"No. We are going to sleep remember. Unless you are hungry-"
"What did you eat today Chiyo?"
"I am not hungry..."
My stomach growled in protest to my words though and I turn away from him, heading towards his bedroom, I hear him follow after me.
"What do you want me to make you?"
"Nothing. Let's take a nap."
I sat on his bed and he just looked at me for a few moments.
"Come lay down Megumi-san."
"You need to eat."
"I will eat after. We came here to take care of you. Come."
I reach my arms out and he walks into them, I wrap my arms around his waist and look up at him, my heartbeat began to pick up at how his eyes narrowed down at me.
His fingers slicked through the straight white strands of my hair...
"Just call me Megumi. You don't need to be formal."
"It's not formal, it is just being respectful."
"You don't need to be respectful to me in that manner."
He leaned down, our noses almost touching.
"Yes...I do."
I found my eyes dart down to look at his lips, he bit down on his bottom lip that quivered a little, and I looked back up into those green eyes of his...

"Megumi...we should rest now so we can get back to hunting as soon as possible."
"When did you become a workaholic?"
He pulled back from my face, moving over me, I leaned back against the bed.
His hands took my hips and he lifted me over him to the wall side of his bed so he was the one closest to the door.
"Being a sorcerer on your level takes a lot of overtime."
"You sound like Nanami Sensei right now.."
Megumi poked fun at me, I watched a smirk lift the right corner of his lips as we laid facing each other.
"Megumi, do you think Yuji will always be Sukuna's vassal?"
"No. But let's not talk about sorcery right now. I want to know how you have been these past two years. Your features are sharper, you no longer have deer in headlight eyes...they are slim and narrow, like you have seen and gotten over a lot on your own."
In a way I have.
I saw my small share of death over the past two years and had to cope alone. And those poor innocent people turning into monsters and getting cursed...I saw kids become orphaned like I did and it made me fight harder to become a higher grade sorcerer. I want to be a special grade so bad just to save more kids...to eradicate the bad in this world.
"Chiyo?"
"Sorry, I just was lost in thought. I have been okay. Thank you for always sending Yin and Yang to keep me company."
"What were you thinking about, don't change the subject."
"How much I had to deal with alone...but I have you back now so that will not happen again."
"It won't. I promise."
He pulled my body into his, taking up the sheets over our bodies, and I hugged him tight, like he could disappear in a matter of moments.
-