EIGHTEEN

🌸𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸

~~~

♡ "Yuu!"
I threw my arms over his shoulders, he took in my waist against him and spun me, I giggled against his chest.
"You did so well!"
He exclaimed, talking about the special grade I just exercised all on my own.
Megumi stood with Gojo a bit behind us celebrating, after Yuji was through with spinning me, he mussed my hair and squished my face with his huge hands.
That's when Megumi came around and took Yuji's hands from behind him, yawning.
"I'll treat you both to ice cream for today's work."
Megumi was on the path to be the next Gojo, it was exciting but scary at the same time, he still struggles with handling a lot, if the world fell on his shoulders, I don't think he could hold it up for too long.

I smiled up at him as he rolled his eyes, Yuji trying to wrestle his hands from Megumi pressed behind him.
"I'm sorry I was all over Chi Chi but someone doesn't praise her for not needing help!"
Yuji struggled even more but Megumi didn't budge.
He didn't even look at him.
He looked right down at me.
"Is that true?"
When he asked, his face was calm and unreadable...but his voice was worried.
"When we first reunited...you told me to never stop needing you, but I don't want you to put me above yourself in a fight, so I need to learn not to need you."
"Chiyo-"
"You praise me. Just...after telling me you would have been better suited for the situation."
I frown, Megumi letting Yuji go and then stepping back from us a little, looking between us, and then there was a sadness in those beautiful green eyes of his.
He reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, handing me his credit card,
"You two go get ice cream, I just remembered I need to meet with Panda, Inumaki, and Maki to run some scenarios for training."
"Megumi did I make you upset?"
I went to reach for him but he steps back to doge my hand.

"Stay with me tonight, Chiyo."
And he left.
And I wanted to break down and cry.
Everytime he gets distant I feel this pit in my stomach like I messed up with him.
"Chi Chi.."
Yuji takes my face in his hands, staring at the tears forming in my eyes.
"Why was he acting like that Yuu..? Did I say something wrong? Does Megumi want to break up with me? If he does...I don't want to go to his house tonight."
I hug myself into him, crying, forgetting all about Gojo how had been watching us all up until his point.
"Chiyo, Yuji, let's walk."
He came to us, Yuji pointing to me in tears and shaking his head, I don't even try to settle, crying even harder into his chest.
"Chiyo, I will tell you my honest opinion about you and Megumi."
Gojo starts, and I knew what he would say wouldn't be what I wanted to hear.
"You two are too emotionally invested, and it is a huge danger to work with both of you together, but if you are separated then you two get even worse. I hate it. I think that until you two are both mature adults with a better understanding of your roles in this world and for each other...you shouldn't be dating."
I just blocked him out after.
I don't want to break up with Megumi.
He wouldn't be able to handle that...

~

When I got back to Megumi's, I had Yuji with me up until the front door, he rubbed my back as I unlocked the door hesitantly, and as I opened it, Megumi came up and hugged me into him, disregarding Yuji completely.
"Go to the couch. We need to talk."
My heart sunk, and I looked back at Yuji bewildered, he shook his head, and Megumi closed the door, my cue to go sit for this talk...
"Did I do something wrong?"
"Never Chiyo. I am such a shitty boyfriend-"
"No you aren't! I like you so much Megumi! I don't care if you make me cry-"
"I make you cry?"
He stopped in his tracks, his hands balling into tight fists at his sides.
I shouldn't have said that...
"No..."
"Did you cry after this morning..?"
I shake my head 'no', but I know he knows.
"Gojo and I talked...you know.."
He led me the rest of the way to the couch, sitting me down next to him, he watched my eyes beginning to water.
"Don't listen to him..."
My words came out as a whispered plea.
"He talked to you too about it? Figures."
He sighs, aggressively rubbing his face, his right knee bouncing anxiously.
"Please don't leave me...I will be better..."

"Chiyo it's those words and thoughts that further confirm we shouldn't be dating right now-"
"No Megumi! Then you do better okay? We can work this out!"
"I don't know if I can right now."
My heart...it twisted and squeezed, and I started to cry again, his face blurs behind my tears.
"Please don't...I can't lose you again..."
I gripped his shirt with shaking hands, he didn't touch me...
"Chiyo...I'm not leaving you, I will still be here..."
I shake my head.
"I want to stay your girlfriend!"
I didn't think he would do this...
"I want to stay your boyfriend-"
"Then stay! We will mature together and work everything out in the end I promise! We will do better! We just need to communicate more!"
He was silent.
He took in a deep breath, and then her pulled me into his arms and fell back against the couch, I laid on top of him, hugging him tightly back.
"Chiyo...stop crying...I'm so sorry for everything."
-