NINETEEN

🥀𝙵𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚘 𝙼𝚎𝚐𝚞𝚖𝚒🥀

~~~

ᜊ We broke up.
I was going to just not do what is right, I was going to be selfish, I was going to keep her tethered to me...but Gojo convinced me that we weren't ready for this.
I wasn't ready to take care of Chiyo the way she needs.
She stormed off into my room and slammed the door when I wouldn't change my mind.
I make her so upset.
This doesn't change how I feel about her though.
I know she knows how obsessed I am with her.
I just need to grow up.
I need her to catch up a little too...
Just because we aren't dating does not mean she isn't mine.
It doesn't mean that I won't put her life above mine.
It doesn't mean anyone else can have her.

Yuji flashed in my mind.
How he was hugging her and spinning her around earlier.
How she shared that smile with him...
That made me jealous.
I know Yuji knows his place with her, but I'm sure that aside from Maki, he will be the first to hear about our break up.
Will he comfort her?
Will he make her forget..?
I shake my head.
If he touches her...
I shake my head again, groaning as I lay against the couch, staring at the smooth wood ceiling.
"Chiyo."
I called, though she didn't answer.
I knew she was listening though.
"I really like you...don't like anyone else other than me, please just wait for me to be better for you..."
She didn't answer.
But I heard her start to cry again...

~

Watching her cling to Yuji these past few days bothered me beyond measure.
I watched as he stroked her hair, her face buried in his neck, his eyes shut comfortably, as they took a break beneath a tree.
I felt Gojo's eyes on me even through his blindfold.
And I glared at him as I turned to face him.
"What?"
"Yuji is not going to take her from you, you need to work on feeling secure in yourself."
He started.
"She just looks at him now. They are all over each other, you expect me to be alright with that?"
"Calm. Breathe."
"No this is all your fault Gojo!"
I caught myself before I got any louder, glancing back at Yuji cuddling with MY....my.....
I took in a deep breath as I looked back at Gojo.
"I just want her to be with me and be safe and happy..."
"Then work towards being her safety and happiness."
I clenched my fists, my jaw tightened as I watched Chiyo turn her head in Yuji's chest, watching me...her eyes were bloodshot from her constant crying since we split.
"How do I do that..?"
"Train hard and keep your feelings to yourself."
I just roll my eyes at him and fixate back at Yuji and Chiyo.

A while ago Gojo said not to keep everything bottled up or I will combust and make situations worse than what they initially were.
He seemed to look at the side of my face as if knowing he said exactly that too, but he didn't correct himself, he just turned and left back towards the school, I had to turn and follow before I got more frustrated.
"Chiyo do you want to come over after school and watch that new Shark movie?"
I just couldn't not get more upset, stopping in my tracks to just listen.
"I don't want to be scared.."
"You wont be! I'll be with you the whole time!"
"Okay...can I stay the night too?"

I've had it.

I couldn't stop myself from walking over, both of them looking at me, but Chiyo quickly put her face back in Yuji's chest.
"Megumi, hey! How are you doing?"
Yuji looked nervous, staring up at me a bit worried.
"Fine."
I sat next to him, looking at my hands, blood on my palms from where my nails had dug into them.
"Chiyo, let's talk."
I spoke as soft as possible despite that raging jealousy bubbling over.
"There isn't anything to talk about..."
She mumbled.
"I still like you a lot. My feelings will not change, I just...cant stand to see you smitten with Yuji when you know I still belong to you."
Yuji was awkwardly in the middle of this, I saw his eyes shift between Chiyo clinging to him and me sat there trying to work things out.
"You broke up with me when we can just work through everything together...like how adults should..."
"We aren't adults. When we are though...we will."
She shook her head, and finally looked back at me.
She was crying again..
She does that a lot lately...
"Is this because of what you said that night?"
My eyebrows rose,
"No its not about me wanting more from you-"
"Megumi I have been telling you that we can work through everything together as a couple-!"
Her voice rose,
And I kept mine soft, though it wavered.
"And we cant outside of a relationship?"

She was quiet.
Then she stood out of Yuji's arms, and glared down at me.
Clearly I just keep making things worse...bottling my feelings up or not.
"I don't want to talk about this anymore, you just wont listen to me."
And she stormed off.
Yuji and I sat there silenced, watching her trudge away, as soon as her back turned to us, she had cried once more...
I place my hands together, summoning my demon dogs - 'yin and yang', as Chiyo had named them, and they followed after her...to comfort her...as they always did when she was alone.
-

ᜊ𝙴𝙽𝙳 𝙾𝙵 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴ᜊ
♡END OF PART ONE♡

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘠𝘅𝘠 ∙ 𝗙𝗨𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗨𝗥𝗢 𝗠𝗘𝗚𝗨𝗠𝗜 🎉