TWO

🌸𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸
AGE 11

♡ I look out over the bleachers at Megumi playing baseball at the end of the school day

♡ I look out over the bleachers at Megumi playing baseball at the end of the school day.I decided to stay back at watch rather then head straight home just to do nothing.
I don't know when my fixation started with Megumi, but I found everything about him interesting from afar.
He twirled his bat with ease using his long fingers, his other hand straightened his helmet, his green eyes narrow at the pitcher.
No one cheered, no one except-
Gojo Sensei???
Gojo danced around like a worm in rain, cheering and laughing, I look next to him to see a black haired man leaning on a light post clapping too,
"Go Megumi!"
They both said, smiling.

I could see Megumi flush, his lips trembled in annoyance, but the first pitch he hit out into the outfield, it landed right against the fence in the very back, and he ran. By the time the ball was back to the pitcher, Megumi was on home plate and for once, everyone forgot they didn't like him and cheered excitedly.
I found myself smiling at the boy's bashfulness, he clearly was not used to all the attention.
But when his coach came over and pulled him out of the circle for a talk, he came back with a cold expression, he did not smile or laugh or blush anymore for the remainder of the game.
I wonder what he said to him..?
I look over at Gojo and his friend, and he looked at me too, waving me over.
I point to myself and he nods, and I slowly approach him.
"You are Maki's friend right? Chiyo?"
"Oh-yes! I am Ryuu Chiyo. It is nice to meet you."

"Gojo Sensei we are leaving."
Megumi came between us, grabbing his right arm, I don't even think he saw me as I wince at his body bumping my wound.
"Megumi."
Gojo pulled his arm from Megumi, and then looked past him down to me holding my stomach with trembling hands.
Megumi looked behind him at me, his eyes widening a little.
"You need to control your anger. Look what you did."
"I'm sorry."
He lowered his head to me, he seemed too distracted to realize he was too close and bowing too low-
Because he hit his head against mine and I stumble back covering the spot, Megumi standing up straight and just freezing.
"Megumi, just go home, I will see you after fixing this for you."
Gojo patted the boy's back and approached me, kneeling in front of me and rubbing my head.
"Gojo Sensei-"
"Home. We will speak later."

Megumi just left, seeming even more upset now. Gojo shook his head and sighed.
"What am I going to do with that boy?"
"Satoru, you were too harsh."
"He will come to understand. He is just choosing to find his path the hard way. Going easy on him will not make him the sorcerer he can become Suguru."
Suguru? Geto Suguru?
"You can use your brain? I just thought it was for decoration."
Geto laughed and Gojo did as well, turning his attention back to me.
"I will help you become a sorcerer too Chiyo. Is that the path you truly want to take?"
I nod.
There is nothing else for me in this world after all.
If I become a sorcerer, I could protect people from going through what I have.
"Great. I'll have Megumi bring you back to my place tomorrow then after school."

Megumi?
"He...I don't think he really likes me."
"He is a reserved young boy, he has barely opened up to me and I raise him. He doesn't dislike you, he is just afraid to like you."
Gojo stood up and stretched, yawning and waving as he started to walk away.
"You two will get along well, I'll see you tomorrow then Chiyo."
"Thank you so much Gojo Sensei!"
I call, waving with both hands.
I really get to train with Gojo!
This is so amazing! I can't wait to go home and tell Grammy!
I begin to rush back home, it was getting dark and the temperature had dropped. Hopefully I don't get sick.

"Grammy guess what!"
I called out right as I got through my front door, struggling to get my shoes off.
"Grammy?"
No...
"Hello?"
"Oh Chiyo! There you are!"
Grammy came through the front door looking relieved.
"You didn't come right home from school, I was out looking for you!"
She hugged me tight.
My whole body, I didn't realize how bad I was shaking.
That was just too early to happen again...
"I'm sorry Grammy I was watching baseball."
"I under dear, please find a way to tell me next time though. Do you have any afternoon plans tomorrow?"
I nod.
"Tomorrow I start training to become a jujitsu sorcerer."
"What..?"
-