FOURTEEN

NARRATOR POV
𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸
AGE 16

NARRATOR POV𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸AGE 16

♡ The next day, Chiyo stayed home. Megumi had landed an hour ago and tried calling a few times...but Chiyo didn't answer.
She couldn't.
"Chiyo please let me know you are okay. Yuta and I got a text about what happened from Gojo Sensei. We are twenty minutes from the school. Meet me there."

[VOICE MESSAGE DELETED]

She couldn't bring herself to get out of bed.
"Chiyo...dear, Gojo is here for you."
Her Grandmother knocked on her door before opening it. Gojo just smiled and waved.
Chiyo looked away from him, turning over and hugging a pillow into her face.
"Skipping class? You aren't the type. Get dressed, this lesson you don't want to miss."
"I'm sick."
"You aren't 12 anymore Chiyo, get up. Do you think I want to be up acting like I'm happy to be a sorcerer? You chose this path, we all did. Our friends die, we are pushed to move on sooner than most. Now get dressed."
He went to the girl's closet, grabbing her uniform and tossing it at her on the bed, Chiyo just laid there quiet, shut down.
"The longer you are like this, the worse off everyone else will be. Letting emotions control you, especially in fights, can get you killed. You and others. Meet me outside in 10 minutes."

Gojo left, the girl stayed lying in her bed. She had ran out of tears to cry.
All of this would only get worse, Megumi is back so that means that if something bad happens again, he would put his everything on the line for her.
Maybe she should stop seeing him.
The more involved they get with each other...the worse the outcome.
Just like Nobara said.
Chiyo pushed her body up from the bed, the comforter sliding down her shoulders, her fingers gripped her uniform.
No...If she stops seeing Megumi he will get really upset and blame himself.
"I will just tell him to put himself first."
She said aloud, taking her uniform and standing up, changing.
When she looked in the mirror, she saw how ill she looked.
She had neglected her health these past few days.
She had paled and her cheeks had hallowed a bit.
Her eyes bloodshot and the bags beneath them red, so she put on a bit of makeup to hide the hurt she had been feeling and dragged her feet out her home to meet her Sensei.

"I'm sorry for loosing my cool Chiyo, I feel more guilt than anyone right now. I should have been there...but I had some old business I needed to take care of first."
That's right,
Gojo Satoru had to kill his best friend Geto Suguru again.
"I'm sorry Gojo Sensei..."
"I'm more sorry. I am the strongest, I should have been able to protect you all."
Chiyo just shook her head, looking away towards the school they approached. Her heart began to pick up the closer they got, her eyes locking on Megumi's figure standing at the front inside talking to Yuji and Yuta.
What should she even say?
Nothing at all about the incident?
Should she be honest and tell him all her horrible feelings caused by Nobara and Nanami's deaths?
Should she demand he never put her first in battle?
When they reached the front doors, she stopped, and Gojo did too, glancing down at her knowingly.
"Love is a dangerous game for sorcerers."
He sighed, patting her head.
"You can't stop him once he starts caring for someone more than himself. I am sure that because of this incident, he will never put what he wants first again."

"Thanks for making me feel better."
I roll my eyes at him, feeling worse, but he smiled at my sarcasm.
"I just want you to know that even if you tell him to care about himself, you will always be his priority."
"I was assuming that would be the case."
By now, the three boys noticed Chiyo and Gojo standing outside talking and made their way to them instead. Megumi interrupted their talk by hugging Chiyo into him, she hugged him back even tighter. Yuta and Yuji started to catch up with Gojo. next to them.
"Are you hurt? Why haven't you returned any of my messages? Did you break your phone?"
"I just got a new one...I still need to set it up."
He cupped my face, I close my eyes to avoid looking at him.
"Chiyo."
"I'm okay..."
Her voice wavered, tears burning her eyes that shut tightly as to seal them in.
"Don't lie to me. Tell me everything you are feeling, I will listen and help you."
She shook her head in his hands, choking back a sob, the tears finally breaking past her shut eyes, and she just gave up, looking up into Megumi's worried face.
"I'm sorry you had to go through this. I will stay by your side from now on."
She wanted to scream no at him.
Though, she selfishly kept her words quiet.
Not that he would listen.

"Did you get hurt at all?"
"Not really..."
She moved her hands up to cover her face, her makeup covering her eye bags and red nose wiping off with her hands moving over it.
"Can we not talk about this right now..?"
"Okay Chiyo...let's just relax for a little."
-