THREE

🌸𝚁𝚈𝚄𝚄 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝚈𝙾🌸
AGE 11

I would be lying if I said I was not nervous

Megumi was still kinda scary to me.
We haven't talked since the strawberry milk incident and any time we pass each other in the halls he just looks at me silently.
At least his eyes are pretty...

-

♡ "You waited..."
I tried to catch my breath as I jogged up to Megumi leaning on the school gate, his eyebrows rose a bit as he watched me come up to him.
"Why did you run? I am not in a rush."
My stomach wound burned in pain, I wince as I leaned my right shoulder on the brick that he had been leaning on.
"I still...can't keep you waiting..."
"You..."
He looked away, I watched his expression flit with something I couldn't put my finger on, but It was gone as soon as it came and he outstretched an arm to me.
"Bag."
"You don't have to-"
"Don't be difficult."
And he took one strap off my right shoulder, I leaned my left down to allow the bag to slip into his fingers.
"Come."
"Okay."

I didn't know if I should ask him about those dogs yet.
Would it ruin it?
Maybe.
Though they came to us, the black one staying back with Megumi behind me, the white one prancing ahead of me, I smiled and giggled at the sight.
"He likes you."
"And Yin likes you!"
I twirl, walking backwards so I could face Megumi while we walked the straight path to the train station.
"Yin?"
"Yin and Yang! Doesn't it suit them?"
He was quiet, and I started to regret naming the dogs that were not mine.
"I never actually thought to name them."
I stopped walking, he did as well, we stood facing one another, the dogs sitting in place.
"How long have you had them?"
"Since being sold to the Zenin clan I guess."
"Sold?"
Megumi shook his head, pointing behind me, I look back but there was nothing there.
"Keep walking. We are going to miss the first train"
"Right. Sorry."
"Stop apologizing all the time too."
He picked up his pace, walking next to me, my shoulder brushing his arm as we continued to walk, I felt heat rise to my cheeks.
"Okay."
We were silent again, but I felt more comfortable than I thought I would be.

When we got to the train station, Megumi placed his hands on the dogs' heads and spoke something, causing them to vanish.
"How did you-"
"Ten Shadows Technique. I can summon shikigami."
"That is amazing!"
I exclaim, I jumped a little, Megumi looked at me surprised.
"I heard you are really advanced for your age Megumi-san!"
He was just quiet, my excitement falling, I turn to face the train that approached.
I am bing too friendly.
And too much.
"I am not. I should be further in my progress with my cursed technique but I am not getting stronger."
He admits almost too low for me to hear as the wind screams while the train comes to a stop in front of us.
I look back at him, and he is looking up past me.
I want to know everything about him.
"Come."
He takes my right arm and leads me into the crowed train, there were no seats left and I was too short to grab the cables up top.

Megumi saw this and moved me against the corner formed by the back of a seat and the train door, blocking me from sliding anywhere with his body and one arm on my right side gripping the back of the chair.
He looked over me, I was smaller, that I understood too well.
Though being cornered by him was intimidating.
I felt nervous.
"I can try to find you a seat if that would make you more comfortable."
"No, I don't mind..."
The train lurched forward and I fall right into his chest, my arms cling around him as I startled.
My stomach was shot with pain and I muffled scream into his shirt.
"Are you okay?"
He kept one hand up holding the rung on the ceiling, the hand holding the back of the seat wrapped around the back of my shoulders and pressed me more firmly against his stomach.
"I'm okay. I just didn't realize how hard we were going to go forward."

I look up from his blazer to watch his face.
He was clearly out of his element.
Having to look after me when he has probably never had to look after someone in his life.
"I think I can stand on my own..."
"No. I will keep you in place, I don't want you to reopen your wound."
He looked away then, I saw the tips of his ear getting red, that blush creeping to his cheeks and as I kept staring, his neck started to turn red too.
"Can you stop?"
He grumbled, glancing down into my wide eyes.
I just blinked a few times up at him and he looked away again.
Why is he so embarrassed?