I don't wanna be your friend (1/1)

Ishan took a sip of his drink as he stared at his bestfriend, who was talking with Siraj and Shreyas a little away from the bar counter where Ishan was sitting. They had just won the ODI series with New Zealand so they decided to celebrate in a private night club. Usually Shubman would be hanging out with him and he was until a few minutes ago before Shreyas dragged him with himself saying he has some work.

Falling for his bestfriend wasn't really fun but if Ishan got a choice, he will choose to fall for him all over again. Every single time.

Shubman looked attractive. He was wearing tight black jeans and Ishan's black satin shirt, with the upper buttons undone, exposing his chest, his tattoo peeking out of the shirt a little. Now that Ishan think about it, Shubman was right, this shirt does look really good on him. Not that he is going to admit it in front of him.

Ishan sighed as he kept looking at him. Oh, man. He's already getting bored without him. As Shubman was still talking with Siraj and Shreyas, Ishan saw a beautiful woman approaching them. She was wearing a black silky mini dress that hugged her body perfectly. She didn't look Indian but then again, they weren't even in India.

Ishan noticed how she was mainly only talking to Shubman, smiling and occasionally leaning on him as she laughed. Maybe, she likes him. He watched as she reached out her hand to him, eyes signalling towards the dance floor. Oh, she's asking him to dance. Ishan rolled his eyes as he turned back towards the counter. He definitely don't want to see that.

"Hey, please, get me one more." He told the bartender as he signalled towards the almost finished drink in his hand. Well, he'd told himself that he'll not have more than two-three drinks but excuse him, he's having his "Mujhe peene ka shauk nahi peeta hu gam bhulane ko" moment.

As he took a sip of his new drink, he couldn't help but wander his eyes back towards where Shubman was. Not finding him with Siraj and Shreyas anymore, he looked towards the dance floor, preparing himself to see him dancing with that woman. Not there as well, where did he go? Ishan frowned.

"Hey." Ishan let out a surprised squeak as he suddenly heard a voice beside him. He kept a hand on his heart as he tried to calm it down.

"What the fuck, Shubman? You startled me."

"Sorry." Shubman giggled, probably enjoying his startled expression. Ishan just rolled his eyes at him. "Whatever, what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean by that? Now I can't hang out with my bestfriend?" Shubman questioned, as he grabbed Ishan's hand and took a sip from his drink.

"You know, that's not what I meant and please, get your own drink."

Shubman ignored that as he nudged Ishan, "let's go dance."

"No, I'm not in the mood."

"Come on, don't you know "Vo banda hi kya hai jo nache na gaye"? He extended his hand while continuing, "Aa haatho me tu hath thaam le, oh Soniye dance pe chance maar le."

("What kind of person is that, who doesn't dance and sing? Come take my hands in yours, oh Soniye, take a chance on dancing." Song ref)

Ishan laughed, amused at Shubman bringing up a random song out of the blue, "What the hell, Shubman? Where did that came from?"

"Come on, Ishu. Please, let's go, pleaseee."

"Okay, fine. Don't make that face." Shubman cheered as he pulled Ishan towards the dance floor. "Why do you wanna dance suddenly?" With me. Ishan added in his mind.

"Well, someone someone asked me to dance just some minutes ago. Then, I thought that I do wanna dance."

"Someone asked you to dance then why are you dragging me to the dance floor?"