Jealousy(1/1)

"Good morning, maa." Ishan said, hugging his mother while she was cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, mere bacche." His mother smiled warmly at him. "Acche se soya?" (Slept well?)

"Bilkul Acche se." (Very well.)

"Good, jaa tu baith main tera nashta lati hu." (Good, go sit and I'll bring you breakfast.)

Ishan smiled as his mother urged him towards the dining table and then after a minute came with breakfast; delicious Sattu parathas. Oh, how much Ishan missed his mom's food.

"Maa, feed me with your hands, please."

Ishan's mother chuckled and fed him. This reminded Ishan of his childhood when he used to refuse eating whenever he was angry and then his mother would feed him with her own hands.

After having breakfast and then, helping his mother with the chores for a while, Ishan busied himself with his own tasks. He worked out for a while and then read some books. He usually doesn't get time for that because of his busy schedule. It was nice to have a break.

He was scrolling through Instagram when he noticed Shubman had posted a story. He smiled as he clicked on it. It was a repost of Yashasvi's story, a photo of them together. He smiled looking at his bestfriend's smile but couldn't help feeling a little irritated as well.

Taking a break from cricket felt good but he also missed everyone so much, especially Shubman. It was good to know that his bestfriend had someone by his side but he couldn't help feeling a little jealous that everyone gets to spend so much time with him while he couldn't even see him. Even though they always talk on phone, sometimes for hours, it wasn't enough for Ishan. He also doesn't like Shubman clinging to someone other than him. He might as well be a little possessive, he just can't help it.

Speak of the devil. Just at the mention, Ishan's phone rang, flashing "Meri Jaan"on the screen. A wide smile stretched it's way onto his lips as he picked up the phone.

"Hii, baby. Kya kar raha hai?" Came Shubman's excited voice from the other side of the line.

Ishan chuckled as he replied, "Tujhe yaad." (Missing you.) He could already imagine the wide smile on Shubman's face. Now that made him miss Shubman more.

"Haaye, baby, don't say things like this. What if I get a heart attack?" Shubman replied, dramatically. Ishan know he definitely have a hand on his heart right now, with a dramatic expression etched onto his face.

"So, tu kya kar raha hai? Aur ye aawaz kaisi aa rahi hai? Gaadi mein hai kya?"
(So, what are you doing? And what's this voice? Are you in a car?)

"Haa, ek dost se milne jaa raha hu."
(Yeah, I'm going to meet a friend. )

"Oh, kis se?" (Oh, who?)

"Hai ek bahut khaas dost. Bahut important."
(There's a special friend. Very important. )

Before Ishan could further investigate who this "special" friend is, he heard the doorbell ring.
"Ishan, beta, check who it is?" He heard his mother shout from the other room.

"Tu ruk ek minute, gate pe koi hai." (Wait a minute, there's someone on the gate.) He told Shubman before getting up from the bed and making his way towards the front door.

"SURPRISE." Ishan was startled by the loud shout as soon as he opened the door. It took him a minute to register, but soon a huge smile adorned his face as Shubman engulfed him in a big hug.

"What are you doing here?" Ishan asked, smiling wide.

"Oh, I knew you missed me so much so I thought I'd come visit you."