Forever? (2/2)

Ishan felt the ground sinking beneath his feet as Shubman fell down on the floor, blood oozing from the bullet wound on his stomach. He fired at the motherfucker who shot Shubman without stopping, but missed, only injuring the leg.

Dropping his gun, he rushed to Shubman, kneeling down, "Are you an idiot? He was going to shoot me, why did you have to be a hero and come in front?" He shouted, already feeling the tears leaking from his eyes.

"Ahh, don't scold me," Shubman grunted, pressing his wound.

Ishan glared at him through his tears, scooping him up in his arms and rushing to their car. Shreyas followed them, getting in the driver's seat as he instructed Ishan to get in the back with Shubman. Ishan obeyed, getting inside, he rummaged through the back seat, finding some clothes, wrapping it around the wound tightly to stop the blood for a while.

"Drive faster, Shreyas," He looked down at Shubman, feeling his heart freezing at the sight of his love who was struggling to even breathe.

"Baby, you- you'll be fine. Don't worry," He stuttered holding Shubman tightly as if afraid he would slip through the cracks if he loosened his hold.

"Ish- Ishan." Shubman whispered, now even struggling to keep his eyes open as he stared at Ishan.

"Yes, baby. I'm here only. Tell me."

"Thank you," Shubman said, voice coming out in ragged breaths, "Thank you for coming into my life, thank you for always being there for me, thank you for loving me. I'll always love you, please remember that."

"Shubi, please, what are you saying?" Ishan said, harshly wiping his tears that keep making appearances again and again, "Nothing's gonna happen to you. Just hold on for sometime."

"Please, drive faster, Shreyas, please," He pleaded.

"Ish, listen to me," Hearing Shubman's hoarse voice Ishan immediately turned his attention to him.

"No, you listen to me, you told me everything will be fine, so it has to be fine. Do you get that?" Ishan mumbled, pressing the wound a bit more to somehow stop the blood.

"Ishu,"

"No, no, why did you do it? Why? I hate you. You are such an idiot. Such an idiot," Ishan choked, his throat tightening, making it harder to breathe.

Shubman took a sharp breath, feeling his insides aching even with just this simple movement, "Lis- listen, Please never blame yourself for this, love. It's not your fault."

Ishan squeezed his eyes shut, tears still escaping through them. No, no, no, this can't happen. It can't. No, please no."

"Also, please fall in love again and be happy," Shubman said, giving him a weak smile, "Don't forget me though."

"Can you shut the fuck up?" Ishan took a deep breath, trying to compose himself.

"Ouch," Shubman chuckled weakly, "I'm serious, baby, I don't want you to be alone your whole life," He spoke somehow, his own eyes watering due to pain or maybe due to seeing Ishan in pain.

Ishan gently wiped his own tears that fell onto Shubman's face, "First of all, you're not allowed to leave me so you're not going anywhere," He whispered, the tightening of his throat making it difficult for him to speak coherently.

"And second thing it's impossible for me to fall for anyone other than you. Meri dil ab mere paas hain hi nahi to kisi aur ko dunga kaise."

"Cheesy," Shubman said with a weak chuckle. He somehow lifted his bloody hand, fingers gently touching Ishan's face, smearing it with his blood as well. Ishan closed his eyes, his heart clenching. The touch felt so gentle yet so cold, so foreign.