Astronomy (1/1)

- 2013, India

"Ishan, can you help me with this question? I don't understand it."

Ishan turned back to look at the seat behind him when he heard his class mate's voice.

"Not now, keerti. I'll help you in the break, the class is about to start." He smiled.

"Okay, thank you, bro."

Everyone turned their attention to the front as the teacher entered.

"Good morning, sir." The class greeted.

"Good morning." The teacher replied with a nod, "We have a new student today. Come inside."

A young and tall boy walked in, looking around hesitantly.

"Beta, introduce yourself." The teacher said.

"Hii, I'm Shubman Gill." He said, meekly.

"Okay, go sit." The teacher ordered as Shubman looked around for an empty seat. Finding one beside Ishan, he went and sat there.

"Hey, Shubman. I'm Ishan." Ishan beamed, forwarding his hand for a handshake.

"Hii," He replied, rather shyly as he shook Ishan's hand. He's cute. Ishan thought, chuckling a bit.

"Everyone get your books out and open the topic from yesterday." The teacher ordered as he took his seat.

Ishan got his book out and glanced at Shubman, noticing he doesn't have the book yet, he offered, "You can study from mine if you don't have your books yet."

"Thank you," Shubman replied rummaging through his backpack for a notebook and pen.

"Oh, my god, how can you forget to bring a pen Shubman?" He mumbled to himself, a little frustrated before asking Ishan, "I forgot to bring a pen, can I borrow yours, please?" He asked, a little embarrassed at his carelessness.

"Of course, you can. Here," Ishan smiled warmly, handing him a pen, "And you don't need to be shy about asking anything. Also I can help you with the topics you missed if you want to." He offered, warmly.

"Thank you. I'd love that." Shubman replied smiling, pleasantly surprised at the boy's kindness.

"Don't mention it." Ishan said, turning towards the front of the class.

"Wow, bro, you're offering to help without even him asking for it. What's the matter?" Keerti whispered from behind him, he suppose, teasingly.

Ishan rolled his eyes, mumbling, "Like I don't help you all the time."

"I usually need to beg for that." She replied, quietly.

Glancing at her from over his shoulder, Ishan hissed, "Shut up and focus on the class, idiot." She just chuckled.

-
-2015, India

"Shubman gill!"

Shubman looked up at Ishan from his book as he heard his name being called. He gulped seeing Ishan's gaze burning holes into his head.

"What happened? Why are you glaring at me?" He asked, a little scared.

"You ate my whole lunch." Ishan hissed.

Shubman chuckled nervously, trying to avoid Ishan's eyes, "No, I didn't do that. It might be someone else."

"Do you think I'm dumb, Gill?"

"Yes," Shubman replied earning another glare from Ishan, "Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Ishan huffed, looking away from him. Shubman poked his shoulder, once, twice, thrice.