Drunk (1/1)

Ishan sat in his hotel room balcony looking at the moon shining bright even when the whole sky was covered with clouds. It was a pretty chilly night in Dharamsala. They finally got done with their last match of the recent series. Now after this they can have a well deserved break since there's not any series for quite a time.

Some of the team members had gone to celebrate their win while some other decided to stay back and rest. Usually Ishan would have gone with them but today just wasn't one of those days, he just didn't feel like going anywhere. Ishan is the happy-go-lucky guy of their team but sometimes he also needs time alone to recharge his energy.

His roommate and bestfriend, Shubman offered to stay back with him, but Ishan insisted that he go and enjoy his night out. He also had an extra session with his wicket-keeping coach anyway.

He averted his eyes from the sky to his door when he heard a knock. Ishan rolled his eyes as he got up to open the door, Shubman always have the key card with him but would still knock. As soon as he opened the door, Shubman who was probably leaning on the door lost his balance and almost fall on on top of Ishan but Ishan managed to steady them both somehow.

"Oh, hey baby." Shubman drawled, slightly swaying on his feet.

"Are you drunk?" Ishan questioned as he helped him sit at the couch and poured him a glass of water.

"A little bit." Shubman gestured with his hand, looking up at Ishan with droopy eyes.

"I can see that." Ishan replied, chuckling as he handed him the glass of water and ruffled his already messy hair. "Did someone enjoyed their night out?"

Shubman messily finished his water and looked up at Ishan after wiping his mouth with his sleeve. His big beautiful eyes stared at Ishan, lower lip jutting out in a pout as he spoke, "No, I missed you. It wasn't fun without you."

"Aw, baby. I'll go with you next time. Don't worry." Ishan assured, his eyes softening and heart melting in a puddle at the adorable human being.

"Pakka?" (You sure?) Shubman asked, unsure.

"Bilkul pakka, Meri Jaan." (Absolutely sure, Meri Jaan) Shubman's face lip up with a smile so bright at his words, Ishan was sure it could power an entire country.

"Okay, now go freshen up, Shubi." Ishan said handing him his night clothes.

"No, I don't wanna go." Shubman whined, again pouting at the other man while making grabby hands towards him, "Please, come here."

"Nope, you are going to freshen up, first. Hurry up, come on." Ishan said sternly, directing Shubman towards the bathroom. Shubman whined for a minute but then compiled nonetheless.

Ishan laughed, shaking his head at the man's antics. Drunk Shubman can be a handful, he acts like a literal baby when drunk. Well, he can sometimes act that way sober as well but it just intensifies with alcohol.

When Shubman came out of the shower after some minutes, Ishan was scrolling his phone sitting against the bed headrest. Shubman joined him onto the bed before putting his head against the other's shoulder.

Ishan smiled down at him as he put his phone aside and wrapped his arms around the younger.

"Ishu?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you wanna know a secret?"

"No."

Shubman looked up at him with a frown. "Why?"

"You're drunk, sweetheart. Tell me when you're sober, okay?" Ishan smiled, trying to convince Shubman. It's a secret for a reason. He doesn't want Shubman to regret his decision the next morning.