19.

-HER-

Half an hour later, I was seated in the same passenger seat where I had sat earlier in the morning while Grim drove me home. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared out the window, feeling hassled.

I had somehow thrown a dress and done my hair and makeup before walking out the door with him. Even though I didn't want to do this date, I needed to know about Victor soon. Mainly because I was supposed to go to the office tomorrow and I was sure to meet Fiona there.

I didn't want to face her unprepared, or else I'd break. I didn't want to break under Fiona, but I didn't want to go on a fucking date with Grim, either. However, the latter was much more manageable.

"What's with the silent treatment, mate?" Grim asked beside me, looking like he walked out of a men's fashion show. That was also the part I hated. It was distracting!

"What did you find out about Victor?" I asked him instead.

"We'll talk Victor after the date," He returned firmly, "For now, it's only 'you and me' talk," I narrowed my eyes at him, glowering. "And if you wanted to distract me by shoving your boobs up, then it's working,"

I dropped my arms as soon as he said that. I wore a wide neckline dress, and folding my arms deepened the cleavage. I shouldn't have worn this. Nah. But my wolf was happy with his remark.

"Focus on the road," I grumbled, unable to say anything else. Gosh, why was I always so uptight? I wish I had a sense of humour. I wondered if he found me boring but stopped right on track. I shouldn't care what he thought about me. After all, this was a temporary setup, no matter how much he acted to be mesmerized by me. It was all temporary and a façade to lure me into his dangerous trap.

He chuckled, "You don't have to worry about that. Now tell me, what did you do all day? Did you miss me?" He asked, amusement in his voice while he gently brushed the back of his fingers against my thigh through the high slit of my dress.

I clenched my legs shut, unable to resist the heart-fluttering, tingling sensations that ran up my spine.

"Nah, I was busy with work," I frowned when he didn't touch me further. This was getting out of hand already.

"You're so workaholic," He commented, "You should take a day or two off,"

"I'd go mad if I did that," I told him honestly, watching outside to see where he was taking me. So far, the route was familiar, but he seemed to be driving somewhere uptown.

"Why?" He asked.

"I hate doing nothing,"

"Who said you'd be doing nothing on your days off? You'll be spending them with me," He grins widely, looking proud at his suggestion.

"I'd rather go mad then," I shook my head, and he gave me a look. I could tell he wanted to say more but held himself back, changing the gears and focusing on the road instead.

"Where are we going?" I decided to ask instead.

"Have you been to this side of the city before?" He asked me.

"No,"

"Then you'll find out," He answered, and the rest of the drive was silent. Well, as silent as it could be, I swear the sound of my racing heart was too obvious to miss. Even someone deaf could hear it. It didn't help whenever his hand wandered too close to my legs, making me anticipate his touch, but only to be disappointed when he wouldn't touch me. Not like I wanted him to touch me. Of course not.

Nonetheless, the tension in the car was hard to miss. I knew he was aware of it, too, due to how he clutched the steering wheel. His body looked too tense. It satisfied my wolf to a great extent to know that I was affecting him, too. To some extent, I liked to, too, but I knew this was a dangerous thing.