21.

-HER-

"Let's take it out of here first. We can talk about it all night," I said, patting his chest gently to bring his focus back to the present. I was practically sitting in the lap of danger. The tension in the car was too much for me to handle.

It felt like I'd burst into flames if I didn't get out of there soon enough. The way Grim was looking at me didn't help at all. His eyes were pitch black, absorbing all the light. This wasn't normal. On the surface, it unnerved me, but deep inside, it kindled a curiosity to explore those deep eyes, the abyss they seemed to carry.

I wondered what kind of secrets they held. Where would they lead me if I decided to dive? Before my cat could get out of the bag, I decided to put some distance. This wasn't safe... not that I felt physically threatened by him. No. I was afraid my walls would cack if I were to take it further.

Grim regarded me for a second before unlocking the door. However, he didn't let me climb off his lap yet. His hands remained on my hips, and my skirt had bunched up, revealing my thighs to him, but his eyes were fervently focused on my face, waiting.

For a moment, I didn't wish to move. No, it was my wolf who didn't want to move, but I had to. Or else I could end up in trouble. Big trouble.

"Well... this is kinda hard," I mumbled, hoping that the tension in the car would disperse, but it didn't. When I climbed out of the car and stepped outside, he followed me. The tension between us remained the same, sizzling like fire.

I glanced at his eyes, which were still pitch black, tracking me like a predator.

"Upstairs," He muttered, putting a firm hand at the small of my back and leading me inside the house through the door in the garage. I had never had any problem with silence before. It was something I preferred, but the silence that fell between us at that moment made me more uneasy than ever.

Grim being silent was a bad thing. He was usually the kind to talk a lot. His silence meant a lot of bad things.

"Are you hungry?" I asked to break the silence. "I can make us some dinner. Will have to see what's in your fridge," I offered as he led me upstairs to the kitchen. He lingered behind me like a dark entity, but not in a creepy way. He felt more like a shadow, separated from me long ago.

"Can you cook?" He asked, his voice sounding somewhat normal but not as relaxed as I'd have preferred. I entered the kitchen and opened his fridge to see what was inside. Meanwhile, he lingered on the other end of the kitchen aisle, going through the wine storage.

"Yes," I answered. "I'm not the best, but you wouldn't die if you ate my food. I can promise that much," I told him, making him chuckle but in a dark manner.

"You don't have to worry about me dying, sweetheart," He spoke, unscrewing a wine bottle and pouring some for us. I knew it was the same pomegranate wine and wanted to have some immediately, but I reminded myself of the situation. Even though we were talking, the tension remained between us.

As I went through all the ingredients, he leaned against the kitchen counter, one of his long legs folded elegantly and his free hand in his pocket while he drank his wine. His dark eyes remained on me, watching me hungrily.

"What about you? Can you cook?" I asked, feeling fidgety under his gaze. I decided to make us lemon chicken and rice. Nothing fancy but hearty enough.

"I can cook alright," He nodded. "I used to cook sometimes when my sister lived with me. But now, I have my chef. I sent him away tonight because we were going ou—"

"What happened to your sister?" I diverted, measuring the rice while he stood there, watching me with that same hungry look. It was as if he was hoping to have me for dinner. A shiver ran down my spine at the thought, but I ignored it. "Where is she now?"

"College," His answer was crisp, the dismissive tone in his voice hard to miss. He put his empty glass away and sauntered off to me as I took the chicken out of the fridge to cut it into pieces.

"Let me do that," He stated, taking the chicken.

I stepped away from him immediately, feeling overwhelmed by his presence. My wolf continued to pace inside me, wanting to climb him like a tree and give him the kiss he had demanded earlier. His presence was distracting, and no matter how hard I tried to fight against my wolf's instinct, I found myself paying close attention to everything about him— how he moved, how his voice sounded so rumbly and deep, how good he smelled. No, I needed to focus.

"Sure," I breathed, giving him a small smile. His eyes lingered on my lips for a second too long, making my stomach dip. I ignored the heat that shot through my body when our hands brushed lightly. If anything, he looked more tense. My plan was a big fail so far.

"So... what's your favourite thing to cook?" I asked, opening the fridge and rechecking it to keep myself busy. In the background, I heard him draining the chicken juices and chopping them mercilessly. There was a grim silence in the kitchen for a few seconds as he stopped chopping the chicken.

"It's an old dish. Something in our family," He answered, his answer ominous. "Involves a lot of chopping and blood,"

"Oh," I breathed, taking out some veggies to prepare the salad. But the salad didn't take that long to prepare. I just needed to clean, chop the veggies, and cover them in dressing. I was looking for something that took longer to make and required all my attention.

I must've gotten too lost in my thoughts to have felt him move until he was right behind me, his hot breath brushing the exposed skin on my neck. I gasped at the sudden realization of our proximity and stumbled back against him.

He caught me right on time, pressing the front of his body against my back until I could feel everything, including his passive erection. I felt it under me in the car, but this was different. He was harder than ever, and I could smell his arousal in the air, mingling with mine, clouding all my thoughts and logic.

"Grim," I didn't want to, but his name rolled off my tongue, wrapped in a heated moan. That was it. He turned me around and lifted me before placing me over the kitchen aisle. He trapped his body between my legs, ensuring that I felt his harness right against my throbbing core. There was no use in pretending anymore.

I grabbed his face and took his lips without wasting a second.

~

How long do you think our girl's going to last? Lol comment and let me know your thoughts about the story so far. I'd love to read them.

Read up to chapter 42 on Patreon along with other exclusive stories. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3