22.

-HIM-

I followed Veronica like a shadow, aware of everything about her even if I turned away for a few seconds to get the wine. I drank two glasses to numb my overly sharp senses, but it didn't help.

I was still seeing red, feeling on the edge. My wolf was restless inside me, wanting to get out and claim Veronica. It was the only way he'd calm down, but Veronica's avoidant nature averted me from taking risks. I didn't want to force myself on her, but I didn't know how I'd react if she rejected me.

I tried to distract myself by cutting the chicken, but driving the knife through the meat made me see more red. I imagined cutting those attackers open like the chicken while they were still alive and screaming for mercy.

Either of the two things would calm me down— going after the attackers or getting a kiss from Veronica. I craved the latter far more, but I sensed her hesitancy. She always seemed to have her walls up, which was starting to drive me crazy.

I wanted to break them all down and see her bare for once. I wanted her to open up and tell me what was going through her head. Was she afraid of me? Did I scare her? That'd be worse, but it'd still help me know what she was thinking. I had never had any issue reading people until it came to Veronica.

She was cryptic. Even though she tried to show herself as the most boring person with nothing going on in their life, I knew there was far more than that. It was all a facade for her. There was more to her than I could find in the limited Council records. Once in a while, she let her authentic self slip through the crack in her wall, just like she had kissed me abruptly in the morning.

After cutting the chicken, I turned around to look at her. She was still going through my fridge, looking through every compartment as if hunting a sacred treasure. I knew she was doing this to act busy. This was one of her ways to avoid me, and I was already tired of this shit.

I wanted her to stop pretending and just act like herself with me. I wanted all the walls and pretences gone. I stepped closer to her, unable to bear her avoidant attitude.

She felt me behind her. A gasp slipped past her lips, and she stumbled against me, but I caught her right in time. A tortured groan left my lips when I felt her ass against my throbbing cock.

I had been hard since the car drive, and I had been avoiding it for a while, but not anymore.

"Grim," The way she moaned my name made me lose control. I grabbed and turned her around before placing her on the kitchen aisle, holding her legs apart while I stood in between them.

I could smell her thick arousal in the air, mingling with mine. I could almost taste it, making me yearn for her more. I was so close to lifting her legs on my shoulder and burying her face between her legs, and eating her pussy until she fell apart.

Watching her fall apart was my biggest dream so far.

Yet, despite her arousal, she seemed to be avoiding me. It puzzled and conflicted me even more. My balls tightened for a release while my cock throbbed painfully for her. I didn't want to be the one suffering alone, so I pressed my hardness against her soaking core, making her moan.

Her eyes were dark with lust as well, and my teasing finally broke her pretence. She grabbed my face and pressed her lips against mine hungrily. I gave into the kiss right away, letting her open my mouth and taste me.

I grabbed her hips and wrapped her legs around my torso, driving her dress upward until her creamy thighs were exposed. I wanted to mark them with my handprints and kisses, branding them as mine. Every part of her was mine, and I wanted to show it to her.