32.

-HIM-

"This physical attraction between us is going to fade away the moment we fuck," she stated. Her claim was utterly wrong. Again, it made me wonder why she had such beliefs. I could sense her wolf, so it wasn't the fact that she was human and wasn't aware of our ways. She was one of the wolves, a child of the night. Yet, she didn't seem to believe in mates. This baffled me like anything, but I was determined to prove her wrong.

"You think so? Let's find out now," I challenged, stepping on the accelerator and driving faster to reach my place sooner. She gasped beside me, holding on to her seat.

"W-what do you mean by that?" She asked, her voice laced with uncertainty and a tinge of unmistakable desire.

"I meant what I said. Let's find out if this fizzles out once I put my cock in you and claim you forever," I growled, my wolf stirred awake at the idea. He was ready to claim her already, and so was I.

"No — wait," she tried to protest, but it was too late. We were in my garage, and I got out in the blink of an eye before opening her gate. She wriggled in my arms as I took her out of the car and threw her over my shoulder. All she could do was kick her legs and throw punches at my back, which didn't do much for me. I laughed instead.

"Put me down!" She roared as I took her upstairs right away.

"Your feet aren't going to touch the floor for the next couple of days," I told her smugly, making her protest harder. I

"Put me down!" She demanded again, but I didn't listen. Instead, I sat her down on the dining table in front of the huge window, a lot of ideas swirling in my mind.

"My dinner looks so good tonight," I commented, giving her a hungered look, earning a slap across my face. If anything, it made me laugh harder.

"Was that to stop me?" I asked darkly, wrapping her legs around my torso and moving closer to her until there was hardly any space between us. She was glaring at me murderously, but her eyes were dark with lust. Yet she wouldn't admit it to me. "Because it didn't work. I'm into that shit, Veronica. Hit me as much as you want, but I'm not going to stop until I show you this is beyond physical attraction,"

"The way you're acting says enough," She sneered. I growled and claimed her lips fiercely. I wasn't going to let her talk shit about such a beautiful thing. She tried to protest against my kiss at first but soon melted against me, fisting my shirt to pull me closer and deepen the kiss.

I obliged, and not only that, I took charge, ravaging her lips so she'd remember it. I sucked at her bottom lip hard until she squirmed against me, her legs locking tighter against my torso and my erection poking her core.

It was a wild kiss, where we mostly clawed at each other to fight for control and claim as much as we could of each other greedily. I doubted if I'd be ever sated as I kissed her luscious lips— the ones I had missed so much in the past few days when I had to be away from her for work. Now she was back in my arms, and I could have her as much as I wanted. I wouldn't let her go anymore, not with the danger lurking in the place where she worked.

We were both breathless when we pulled back from the kiss, resting our foreheads against each other's and breathing hard. She trembled against me when I nipped at her neck, where her pulse throbbed away like a siren for a hurricane. I groaned, feeling the need for her running through my veins, everything inside me demanding I sink my canines into her skin and seal the bond forever.

It'd show her right away that this was more than a physical connection. It was something far beyond that, something that couldn't be described in words but only be felt deep in the soul. I wanted to bind to her so badly. Everything in me was aching for her, mainly because I had waited for this for so fucking long.

At first, I thought I'd never get a mate because of my ancestry. The gods wouldn't even bother to pair us because we were enough trouble as we were. Either way, no one wanted to do anything with us after we were exiled following our defeat in the war against the Heirs. It was painful, lonely and gruelling. All those years I spent in darkness. Finding out that I had been paired with her felt nothing less than a blessing after a long time of being tasted. I wasn't going to let this blessing go to waste.

"I missed you so much," I told her, setting kisses up her neck and moving closer to her lips again with the intention of a round two. "All I could think about was you," I confessed.

"Then why didn't you call me?" She asked, still breathing hard, her tone slightly accusing. I could smell the sweet scent of her arousal in the air, making my mouth water.

"Did you want me to call you?" I asked her instead, lingering close to her lips, but she didn't try to move away.

"I was..." She panted for a second, "disappointed when I didn't hear from you after that morning," She sighed deeply, rubbing her core gently against my erection and making me painfully harder for her. I wanted to whip it out and show her so she'd know what she could do to me.

"I regret not reaching out to you sooner," I said honestly. I was too busy with Karrson and the case of the missing souls. "I'll make it up to you by eating your cunt tonight, and you'll let me without a protest," I declared, and she gasped slightly at my words. Her eyes were completely pitch black, just like mine. She searched my face as if she couldn't believe my words for a second.

"You aren't mad at me?" She asked, "I thought I offended you that morning,"

I remembered what she had said. She believed far too much in the Council for her good. I had tried to warn her against it, but she didn't seem to have paid heed to it.

"I'm not mad at you, Veronica," I told her. "I can never be mad at you for something so stupid," She sighed with relief at my words. "Did you miss me?" I decided to ask her.

"No," she answered after a heavy pause. I knew it was a lie, mainly due to the scent of her arousal so thick in the air, tickling my self-control.

"You're such a liar," I told her, gently biting her ear.

"I didn't lie," She stated, as confident as ever.

"Then why do I smell your arousal in the air? All I did was kiss you," I teased, and her breath hitched. She knew this was all a lie, yet she wouldn't admit it.

"It's the stupid mate bond," She choked. The cloud of lust slightly lifted from her eyes, and this time, she looked adamant, pushing me away.

"Why do you think it's stupid?" I asked, the thoughts of fucking her slightly fading. She looked solemn at my question. "Weren't your parents mates too? Wasn't it the stupid mate bond that's the reason for your existence in the first place?" I pushed.

Something dark flickered in her eyes. She almost flinched at my words but shrugged and looked away. However, I didn't miss how her eyes looked glossy with unshead years. I held her chin and gently made her look back at me, and right in time, a tear ran down her cheek.

"What if I didn't want to exist at all?" She asked, tugging at my heart.

"Is that the reason why you think it's stupid?" I asked, keeping my voice gentle while I wiped the tears off her face.

"Partly," she replied, more tears streaming down her face. It pained me to see the tears in her eyes.

"Why? You're the best thing that happened to me," I told her, "It's a blessing for me," I told her, but she laughed at me as if I was the biggest fool.

"You're not going to feel that once this is over... because it will be," She told me instead.

"I want to know why you think that?" I asked her. She closed her eyes and sniffed for a couple of seconds. I held her in my arms, gently running my fingers through her hair to soothe her. She sighed deeply before speaking, "My parents were mates too, but it didn't last once they had me. It was never supposed to work either way because they already had spouses and families. It was the stupid mate bond that had them cheating on their spouses and having me. Talk about blessing now,"

~

Read the next 20 chapters on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3