.+Chapter 18+.

Thinking about what Rosie told me, I excused myself from the group and walked away for a few. Rosie and Alastor had this friendship that goes beyond any friendship I have seen before... and what she said about him loving anyone is making me think... what if he's using me... it's a dumb idea but then again I can never be sure, he's the Radio demon! He legit broadcasts screams of overlords who even talk to him.

"Darling is everything alright" My entire body jolts as I look up at Alastor... he can't read minds, right?

"Yeah! It's all good!" I smile... remembering what he said this morning. 'Just because you see a smile, don't think you know what's going on underneath. A smile is a valuable tool' he is correct on that... Smile and everything to anyone will seem fine, but in reality, it's not. "Sorry, you know how I get lost in thought!"

He grins and chuckles at me, taking my hand, "Oh, I know you do, my dear! That's why you have me, of course, to make sure you don't get too lost in there!" he pats me on my head and leads us back to Rosie and Charlie.

"Cannibals and cannibettes, assemble in the square." Is it that easy to get people in one place? Man, I gotta try that. We walk to the stage and Alastor keeps his arm around me. He's being extra clingy. I'm not complaining, but something is off... what if he saw through my smile? No, stop making it about you! He's probably just in a mood. "Now, darling, you know I would do anything, anything for my clients, but I can't exactly command all of Cannibal Town to follow someone else into battle. Now, don't get me wrong, they love carnage and bloodshed, but to get this group into line, you got to win 'em over. Settle in! Settle in! Important meeting."

"But how do I--"

"With sparkle! Razzamatazz! And that oh-so-appealing moxie of yours."

"Shouldn't be a problem. It's not like you've ever failed to inspire before." I nodded in agreement with Alastor and Rosie.

"You got this, sis, don't worry!" Charlie groans, and she gets up onto the stage-ish area. I walk up and go to the side where Alastor is standing, and he leans against the railing.

"Now, fair warning. This group sticks together. So, in order to convince any of them, you'll need to convince all of them. And there's one in particular--"

"Uuuugh, Susan." He looks away, and his ears bend. OH MY FUCKING HELL! His ears just went into airplane mode. Holy SHIT. That was fucking adorable. I am so talking about this later.

"Susan, who's a bit of an... uh--"

"Ornery old bitch?" Wow, he must dislike her a lot. She got airplane ears and him swearing. Only times he has sworn that I heard of was at my dad and Vox, damn.

"That! She's tough, but win her over and the rest will be easy as pie. Ready?"

"I guess."

"Everyone, we have a very special, very royal guest this evening! Please put your bloody hands together for Princess Charlie!" She smiles and waves very awkwardly, ladies and gents, the future queen of hell heh.

"Booooo! Bring Rosie back!"

"Susan?"

"Susan."

"Sorry. Uh, okay, uh, my name's Charlie, and..." I laugh, "Well, I run this hotel with my part... well, someone and...Wait, let me start over. Angels are coming to kill us all and we need help defending our realm. So-- we, uh... we need your help-- With your assistance, we can make a stand for-- I...I have a dream and I--"

"Booooo! Get off the stage, you blue-blood bitch! Booo! We don't give a shit about some hotel. Leave before I eat those big-ass eyes of yours. Boo! Get off. Where's the showmanship? Where's all the finesse? Fucking mediocre!" Damn, they weren't kidding. She's a fucking mega bitch.