ive been searching for a trail to follow again

"Shizukaaaaa!"

Shizuka muted the TV and looked at the door, waiting to hear the noise again. A blanket was wrapped around him as tight as possible, with an uneaten breakfast and a cup of tea at the table in front of him. The clock ticked, the crickets chirped, a needle fell.

"Shizukaaaaa!"

Shizuka groaned and curled himself into a ball tighter than he was before. His head was pounding, and he thinks he had a fever, but he was shivering every second. It wasn't making sense.

But, The Host Club was at his doorstep.

He got up slowly, blanket dropping to the floor, leaving him with his long sleeve and baggy pants. He dragged his feet, hugging himself as he made his way to the door.

Opening it up, Shizuka was met with all seven wonderful faces of the club staring at him expectantly, in their school uniforms. If they came to visit any other time, he probably would've smiled at them, but he could only stare and blink.

"Are you okay?"

"You didn't respond to any of our messages."

"We were worried about you!"

"Why didn't you come to school today?"

He just stood there, their voices barely audible to his ears. He rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll go right now."

Now they were really confused.

"Go where?" Hikaru asked. "School hours are over."

He shivered. "I-I knew that. That's why... you came over. W-Want to come inside?"

"Uh, Shizuka-Senpai, are you alright?" Haruhi questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you're shaking."

"But you're sweating."

"You look pale."

"And like you didn't get any sleep."

"Th-Thanks, Hikaru, Thanks... Kaoru." Shizuka muttered. "I'm fine. C-Come on in. You've been wanting to visit for a while, no?" he asked, dragging himself over to where his blanket was and grabbing it, wrapping it around his shoulders again.

He knew he was sick, it was blatantly obvious, but Shizuka would never admit that. And it wasn't like he was that sick, he just had a fever. And the chills. And nausea. And an ache spread through his body. And a headache. Blurry vision to top it off.

His dad wanted to stay home with him, he really did, but he had a ton of patients he has scheduled for today, so he literally couldn't. He just made sure Shizuka call him on his lunch break and text him every hour.

Tamaki stepped into the house first, looking around thoroughly and inspecting every single crevasse of the room. When he didn't find anything that rose concern, he stopped and stood in the middle of the living room, a little shrouded he didn't have to crouch so he didn't hit his head on the ceiling.

Hikaru, Karou, Haruhi, Honey on top of Mori's shoulders, and Kyoya came into the house. Shizuka stepped into the kitchen and let out a strangled gasp, clutching the counter with his back facing the group that was just standing around the table in the living room.

He turned his head slightly, rolling his eyes. "You can sit down." he rasped out, then widened his eyes. He went over and got his plate of food, and threw it away. The sudden moment made him heave, then try and fan himself, taking the blanket off his shoulder and putting it on one of the stools at the kitchen.