Chapter 4

They arrived two days later. I took Layla out shopping. I didn't want to be there when they all arrived. And I certainly didn't want Layla there. Jax and I told her we have new friends coming to train. This she was used to. We had different packs come and train all the time.

What she didn't know and what I'm scared she will find out is your real father is coming. And I know for a fact when he sets his eyes on her he will know she's his. But I'll be damned if I let him take my daughter away from me.

We were on our way home. It was about 4:30 so we will be home for dinner at 5. Give us enough time to change and start a new hell on earth.

When we arrive at home Layla can hardly wait to go meet everyone. She kept going on and on in the car how she was going to show off her new dress to everyone.

Her dress was red with rose imprints on it. She picked out her red sandal with it and ask me to curl her long blonde hair.

Once he was satisfied it still gave me about 10 minutes to get ready. I quickly recurled my hair and put on a fitted red dress and nude hug heels. I was going to wear my black dress but Layla insisted that we had to match.

She here we are walking down the stair ready to walk into the same room as her father, and my mate who rejected me.

We walked in and all eyes were on us. I looked around and notice my parents, who looked shocked and my brother who was grinning, and than I set eyes on Kaidan who wasn't just staring at me he was more focus on the three year old hiding behind me leg.

Layla tugged on my dress.

"Mommy, why are all the people staring" she ask

I crouch down next to here.

"Well, I think their all staring at your dress, I think their just alittle jealous they don't have it."

"Mommy your silly, their boys in here why would they be jealous of my dress." She giggled

I shook my head and grabbed her hand while standing up. I notice Jax at the head of the table and mine and Layla seats saved next to him. An across from us was... Yup you guessed it, Kaidan.

I walked over to our seats and picked up Layla and her down next to me.

Jax gets up and pulls out my chair for me.

"You look stunning" he said to me

I blush.

He looks down at Layla, "and my goodness is that a new dress princess?"

She nodded excitingly.

All dinner Kadian kept looking between me and Layla.

After dinner was dismissed I grabbed Layla and walked to the pack house. I knew I was being followed but I would rather do this in private than in front of both packs.

Once I walk into the living room I turn on the tv for Layla and give her her coloring books.

I turn around to she my brother, my parents, Kadian and Jax.

"Kitchen than" I say

They all follow me.

Once Jax comes in and closes the door that when the madness begins.

"Maison!" Christian beams.

"Hey bro" I smile, we never talked much but he was my brother.

"Fancy seeing you here, never thought I be seeing you again" I said to my mother.

"Maison, I" she began

"No don't even say it! Cause I don't want to hear it"

"Darling we are so sorry." My father said

"Little to late"

Jax walked over to y and held my hand.

"Baby maybe if you just hear them out." He said

"What did you just call her?" Kaidan finally finds his voice.

"He called me 'baby' that's what he always calls me" I snapped

"Well he needs to stop.

"No you need to stop!"

It was silent for a few minutes.

"She mine isn't she?" Kaidan hardly whispers.

I laugh, loudly!

"No she's MINE, but to you she is just your sperm."

Jax tried to hard in his laugh by covering it up with a cough.

"You were pregnant when you left?" My mother ask

"What is this 20 questions? Of course I was pregnant but you rejected me before I could tell you, and you were shity parents so I was never planning on telling you"

"You left knowing you were carrying my child, don't you think I have a right to know her!" Kaidan snapped causing Jax to growl.

"No! You rejected me!" I began getting in his face, "I left to get away from you, and I never planned on you finding out about Layla" I screamed

"Layla, that's her name." He said softy

"Yeah that's her name" I replied calmly.

We were about to continue when a little knock came on the door.

"Mommy" I hear Layla's voice. I walked over to the door.

I opened it to she Layla standing their.

"Yeah baby?" I ask

"Mommy can I have ice cream?" She ask shyly, not her normally bubbly self around new people.

"Sure baby" I said picking her up and carrying her to the table. I passed not looking at my parents or Kaidan.

I got her ice cream and sat her on my lap while she ate.

Kaidan kept staring at me. He than looked to me silently pleading his eyes.

I looked to Jax, seeing what he thought and nodded reluctantly.

I looked back to Kadian and he started to walk over. He bent down in front of Layla.

"Hello" he said softly

"Hi" she mumble curling into me to hide.

"What's your name precious?"

"Layla" she mumbled again

"My name is Kaidan, it's nice to meet you Layla, may I just say that is a very pretty dress you have on."

"Thanks! My mommy got it for me" she beams

"Your mommy has good taste." He winks at me.

I look up at my brother and nod at him. He walks over and introduces himself to Layla. My parents begin walking over and I glare at them. They stop and I link Jax to ask them to leave.

He does and than sits down next to me and Layla.

Who is loving the attention she is getting from Kaidan and Christian.

I'm just not sure if I'm loving it.