Chapter 7

Maison POV

I knew he would freak out. I mean it's extremely rare for mates to be found this young. And the fact that Forrest is 3 1/2 years older than Layla doesn't help.

At first I was extremely uncomfortable with it. But over time watching him with her, it was amazing.

He was so gentle. He never left her behind. When his friends an him would play video games he would sit her down on his lap and show her how to play. He would wrap his arms around her and hold her hand on the remote and show her how to play.

It was the most adorable thing. And when they would watch tv he never complains about watching My Little Pony. He plays house, barbies, and when he shifts into his wolf, who Layla refers to as Wolfe. He is so gentle, he snuggles her, runs with her, picks her up. It a sight to see.

"No he's not her mate! She to young!" Kadian shouts.

"It's not like that at all Kaidian!" I yell

"Forrest why don't you go check on Layla? She should be ready and she missed you" Jax tells/orders Forrest.

Once Forrest is gone there is an awkward silence.

"She's to young" Kadian whispers

"Look just come out and watch them with me, you will be amazed how he is with her." I tell Kadian

He nods and walks out of the kitchen.

Jax and I walk out behind him and we meet Kadian out on the front porch.

Kadian POV

I been sitting on the porch for what felt like days but could have only been hours.

I was watching Forrest plays tag with my daughter. Forrest was in wolf form and could easily catch her but let her win most of the time. Maison was right Forrest dark brown wolf was so gentle with Layla. It was amazing to watch.

"Lay, Forrest lunch time." I heard Maison yell.

As Forrest and Layla made their way back over a scent came across my nose. A scent unfamiliar to me, and Forrest picked up on it to taking a protective stand around Layla who was holding on to his leg.

This can't be good, the scent has double, tripled, and so on.

Rogues!