Chapter 1

Katerina's POV

11 years later

"Kitten you need to stop doing that!" Embery laughed

"I can't she going to be home any second and I can't wait to see her!" I squealed

Layla is coming home from college today. She just finished her first year and I missed her like crazy. Sure she comes home for holidays but that it. She and Mom and Dad don't get along so much. They all still love each other but ever since she found out 11years ago that my Dad wasn't her real father but that Embery dad, Kadian, my moms true mate, was her father things just never got fixed.

Layla demanded she move in with Kadian, of course Forrest, my sisters mate went with her. She lived there with him and his boys, Sterling, My mate Embery, and Liam, her brothers. She would call me every night I wasn't there. Which wasn't that much because I was always with Embery.

Anyway she is coming home from college and should be in within the hour.

Hands grab my waist and pull me down. I was straddling Emberys lap.

I was only 16, a junior in highschool. And Embery was 21 and he was a pack warrior, and 2nd in line for Alpha if Sterling doesn't want it or is killed.

"You have too much engery, you need to sit still." He mumbled into my neck.

I was perched on his lap. I swear I have ADD, I can't sit still for more than maybe 30 minutes if I'm lucky. It was bad as a kid but better now. My mom enrolled me in dance and gymnastics classes. I loved it. I'm on my schools dance team and on a rank gymnastics team.

I sit wiggling on Emberys lap. A warning growl and little Embery making an appearance made me go still.

"Good kitten" Embery laughed huskily in my ear.

"I'm sorry I'm just so excited, I feel like I havnt seen her in ages!"

"Me too! But you don't see me jumping of walls." He smirks

"I can't help it" I pout

"Haha! I know, but it's ok I think it's cute, and you know what else I think is cute?"

"What" I ask breathlessly.

"Your....." A car horn goes off.

I jump off his lap and run down stair as fast as I could. He can wait....