Home...

131 AC. Dragonstone

Ahsoka paces back and forth in her chambers while feeding Anakin. Aemond sat in a chair near the fireplace, contemplating what to do. Being so close to Jace and Luke made his blood boil, more so Jace than Luke.

 Being so close to Jace and Luke made his blood boil, more so Jace than Luke

Ahsoka took notice of his state and opened her mouth to question him. Knowing her so well, he answered her question before she even spoke it.

Aemond: I am alright, my love.
Ahsoka: I hate it when you do that.
Aemond: *humored sigh*
Ahsoka: *walks closer* Are you sure you are alright?
Aemond: It's harder than I thought. Being here.
Ahsoka: I know you never wanted to come here.
Aemond: Correct.
Ahsoka: *sits next to him* But think of the history behind these walls. The legendary Targaryens who have stepped foot here. These walls... made of magic and dragonfire... I can feel the magic in the walls, Aemond.
Aemond: *sighs/wipes face/sits up* I just want this to be done so we can go home.
Ahsoka: Home...
Aemond: *eyes her up/down* Ahsoka?
Ahsoka: I was thinking. Do you see us remaining in Kings Landing forever?
Aemond: *face contorts in confusion*
Ahsoka: It's just that. We have always played on having a big family. "Many children." I am sure that means more than three Aemond.
Aemond: What are you saying? Do you wish to move here?
Ahsoka: No, that is not what I am saying.
Aemond: I don't even know why you agreed to come here!
Ahsoka: You know exactly why!
Aemond: *sigh* At least at home, we would have the comfort of knowing our way to avoid these people.
Ahsoka: What do you mean these people?
Aemond: Ahsoka!
Ahsoka: Do not yell at me!
Anakin: *whines*
Aemond: You know what I mean. They are not like us.
Ahsoka: They are us!
Anakin: *starts crying*
Ahsoka: *shushes Anakin* They are our family.
Aemond: No, they *interrupted*
Ahsoka: Yes, they are! They share our blood. They share my blood. Anakins.
Aemond: *clenches jaw*
Ahsoka: We are Blood of The Dragon. We may fight like alley cats, but we must always shield each other when the time comes.
Aemond: They are nothing but a bunch of leaches sucking favor out of the Targaryen name. Out of the Velaryon name!
Ahsoka: They are my family in case you have forgotten!
Aemond: NO WE ARE YOUR FAMILY!

Aemonds outburst makes Ahsoka flinch back and turn away from him to shield Anakin, who has now busted into tears. Screaming at the top of his little lungs. For a second, Ahsokas eyes flash bright purple as if she needed to defend herself and Anakin against Aemond. The sight makes Aemonds heart shatter. Hearing his son cry because of their fighting. Aemond and Ahsoka did argue from time to time, but they always made sure to have Anakin far away from them when it happened. But this time, Aemond and Ahsoka didn't trust sending Anakin off anywhere without them. And unfortunately, he bared witness to the thing Aemond hated the most, which was fighting with his wife. Ahsoka moves and starts to try and soothe Anakin, who is just wailing. Aemond wants to move and hold them both, but he is interrupted by a knock at the door. And now entered Rhaenyra and Daemon. Daemon looked angry, but Rhaenyra had tears in her eyes.

Daemon: We heard shouting. And cries *pouts at Anakin*
Ahsoka: *sniffles* Everything is fine.

Ahsoka moves towards the door. Aemond tries to step forward but is stopped by a heartbroken look on his wifes face. She steps close to him before speaking.

Ahsoka: *whispers* The conflict between my mother and yours. Trickled down into their children. Their conflict is the reason you lost your eye. I will not allow the same to happen to our children, Aemond.

She walks off with Anakin in arms lightly sobbing. Both the babe and Ahsoka. She makes it down a few corridors before she breaks down. Anakin nuzzles into her chest, drying his tears away as Ahsoka quietly sobs. She backs up into a wall before gently sliding down it. Holding her son close while her tears fall into her lap. "Ahsoka?" She hears gently call to her. With her cloudy eyes, she looks up to see her mother standing there. She thought it would be Aemond who we quick to apologize after a fight due to hus inability to rest while they were not speaking. The longest they've gone was an hour before he couldn't take it anymore. But this was a different fight. This was deeper. More personal.

Rhaenyra crouches down to the floor and holds her daughter and grandson in her arms. Tears start to quietly fall from Rhaenyras' eyes at the sounds of her daughters light sobs.

Rhaenyra: *shushes her/kisses her head*
Ahsoka: *sniffles* I can't... *breaks Rhaenyras hold*
Rhaenyra: *sniffles* I understand. *breath hitches*
Ahsoka: You weren't there *sobs*

Rhaenyra looks up to try and keep the tears from falling down her face.

Rhaenyra: I know. *breath hitches* I know. I failed you.
Ahsoka: You were never there... *sobs*
Rhaenyra: *sobs* I know...

Some time passes before Ahsoka leans her head against her mother's chest. Rhaenyra almost breaks down fully at this. The first time she has had welcome touch with her daughter in two years. Too long. Rhaenyra rests her chin on Ahsoka head. Running her fingers through her hair.

Rhaenyra: I was a horrible mother to you. *sniffles* Oh. I put your brothers first. I treated you as less than. I treated you as if you weren't mine and I can never forgive myself for that. *sobs* But. *breath hitches* I would like to do better moving forward. I never want you to go a day without feeling my love. No matter where you are. *sniffles*

Ahsoka starts to calm down as her mother rocks her back and forth in her arms. Just as she does Anakin. Who has now calmed down fully. Ahsoka pulls back, bringing herself to stand up with her mother's help. Rhaenyra can't help but smile at Anakin who is staring at her.

Rhaenyra: He indeed looks just like you.
Ahsoka: *chuckle/sniffles/wipes eyes* Everyone says that.
Rhaenyra: May... May I hold him?

Ahsoka looks at her mother for a second before allowing her to hold her grandson in her arms for the first time. The son she had once cursed.

Rhaenyra: *bounces Anakin* Ohh. *sniffles* Hello little Dragon.
Ahsoka: *smiles*
Rhaenyra: Anakin, you said?
Ahsoka: Yes. Anakin Velaryon.
Rhaenyra: He's perfect.

XJadisT