Shattered hope

Sans POV

After Gaster finished talking to the emperor he decided the three of us would be sent to the front lines. (You have got to be fucking kidding me! We just got here and he wants to send us to the front lines?) Mincho yells in the mind link. I just sighed knowing we were going to have a bad time. Papyrus and Mincho heard my thoughts and sighed too. (Guess we are huh brothers?) Papyrus said sadly. Gaster walks up to us and says. "You all better not disappoint me out there. Got it?" We all nod our heads. (Sure thing king asshole.) Papyrus mocks him in the mind link. (NO no papyrus king asshole is the emperor goat monster Gaster is just fuck face.) Mincho corrects Papyrus and we all begin laughing in the mind link. We were given standard armor for the troops and sent to a tent of our own a little way from the others in the camp but we were okay with that. We went to the front lines the next day. The air there was hard to breathe because of the soot, blood, and monster dust. The crazy magic there did not help in the slightest but we overcame it.

With Papyrus and Mincho by my side, we took back the land the humans took from the monsters in half a year. It was a very significant win for Monster Kind but unfortunately, it proved Gaster right about us. The emperor was very happy with Gaster. Like he was the one who killed many humans on the battlefield and took back the land himself. Or like he was the one who pushed through his pain his body was in just to accomplish his mission even when he was covered in dust and blood.

When we came back Gaster felt like we could be improved further so he took us back to the lab. This time it was much worse. This time he strapped each of us down to a table so we could not move. (Sans what's he going to do? I'm scared.) Papyrus says in the mind link. (It's going to be okay. Right Sans?) Mincho asked. (Unfortunately, I don't think so bro.) I want to lie and say everything will be okay but they would know I lied because of the mind link. And with Gaster, nothing good ever happens with his test there's always pain. Every time he is involved means pain for whoever he tests on. But now it's all three of us that has to deal with what pain Gaster will cause this time. I want to stop this, I want to save my little brothers from this demon but I can't because of these got damn metal collars. Before we went to the front lines Gaster told us what they're really for.

Flashback

"Let me inform you that running away is impossible. These collars will stop you from deserting the front lines. If any of you try to escape the collars will send a shock of electricity around all your cervical vertebraes. And if you continue to insist on running away the collars will explode. Got it?" We tried once to run away but like he said the damn collars electrocuted us. And I didn't want to test out if what he said about the collars exploding was true so we didn't try to run again.

So here we are now back in the got damn demon's layer. On one of his torture tables waiting for him to do whatever he wants with us because I'm too weak. (Sans this is not your fault.) Mincho says with a soft voice in the mind link. (Yes!! Brother you kept us safe at the front lines all by yourself!!! You guided us to many victories and kept us safe on the battlefield!!! Don't feel that you failed us not now not ever!!!) Papyrus yells in to the link. I can see from the table I am on that my brothers are crying for me. I can feel their fears of what is to happen next. But I can feel their love for me more than their fear of Gaster. I begin to cry over the pure love my brothers are sending my way and smile at them. But my smile drops into a frown when Gaster shows his ugly face.