Collections

Papyrus POV

Years went by as time passed us by. I am now seven, and my older brothers are now eleven in Boss Monster years. We have been living our lives to the fullest now. Since I was five, I have been practicing and honing my skills in the kitchen. I have learned how to cook so many different kinds of food dishes. I was even hired at a famous monster restaurant and pub named Grillby's. It is named after and run by a fire monster named Grillby. He knew I was a boss monster, and because of that, I aged slower than other monsters. And that didn't mean I had the mind of a normal monster kid, so he hired me as a waiter. After some years passed, I wanted to work as a chef. So I proved to Grillby that I could handle myself just fine in the kitchen. So Grillby allowed me to become a chef at the age of six. Under the same conditions as when I was hired, I was not allowed to sell alcohol and go behind his bar stand.

My brother Mincho did, in fact, make a cure for LV Madness it did not get rid of the monster LV. But it did stop monsters from wanting to hurt others because of it. Thanks to his research and tests, he did with the plants he gathered in his garden. He anonymously sent Emperor Asgore information on the Cure and on how to make it. But Asgore did not give out the cure until it was fully tested. This gave him back some of his trust points he lost before. Sans says he is now at zero and that we are to still stay away from him.

Mincho later asked Sans if he could make a magical item. One that could collect plants, seeds, and books on the plants from all over the world. Turns out Mincho found his passion in his love for gardening. And he wanted to expand his garden with all kinds of plants. Sans's eye lights sparkled that day because he had already made a magical item like that. He then showed us one. It looked like a beautiful purple diamond paper crane. Sans explained how it could fly around the world and then teleport home when they got a book. They can not be seen by others unless Sans wants them to be. (He says they do not steal the books they only copy them.) He had them collecting all kinds of research books for him. Sans told Mincho he would make him his own green diamond paper cranes. Because he made his cranes to just copy books for him, they were not made to retrieve plants and seeds. Mincho's eye light turned into star shapes with his excitement, and then I and Sans teased him about it.

I, too, asked Sans to make me some yellow diamond paper cranes to collect cookbooks, ingredients, exercise, and training books. I told Sans I wanted some of my cranes to talk and carry G so they could pay for the ingredients when needed. Let's just say Sans end up having to make an entire army of yellow diamond paper cranes for me. With our request, Sans realized he could make improvements to his own cranes. He wanted materials he could not get at home near the capital. So he upgraded them to be able to pass through anything to retrieve material, be it from mountains, rivers, lakes, or underground. He made a 3D printer that could turn the magic in the air into the scanned material. He just needed a sample from the material he wanted to copy.

And after a year we develop quite the collection. We now had a huge library filled with books about plants, food, ingredients, exercise, training books, and research books of all kinds that were ever made. Mincho's garden was filled with plants from all over the world and looked beautiful. While Sans's lab was filled with many material and inventions he made over the years to help us. And I could make any kind of food dish from all over the world too. But then I noticed I wasn't happy my brothers were not happy either. We were trying to fill our souls with things we love to do in the hope that the pain in our souls would go away. But it never did, and we didn't know why they were hurting. But then I found out one day.

I was working like any other day when I saw a father and his three children come in. When I saw them from across the restaurant, I started to cry. I was wishing for what those children had. A father figure who would love you, care for you, and keep you safe. But when I told my brothers about my discovery, Sans wholeheartedly denied it. He refused to believe that we missed Gaster.

"You're right. We don't miss him. We just miss what he was supposed to be to us. A parent who was supposed to love and care for us as we grow. It's the instincts of a young monster's soul to want to receive their parent's love and care. Seeing how Gaster made us from himself from what his notes say, he was our only parent. And though he's been dead for a long time, our souls must still want to receive his love and care. So they have been calling out to him all this time, and since his soul doesn't respond, it hurts our souls and us. This is what I learned today as well, bros. I sent my green diamond cranes out to look for medicine books and books on soul research." Mincho looked at the floor. "But I must say I wish we could have a parent figure. Not that you're bad at it, Sans! You're supposed to be our big brother and my twin. Not our parent."

"No your wrong!" Sans yelled at Mincho. "Just admit it you wish Gaster would have been our father figure instead of the asshole he was!!" Mincho yelled at Sans for still refusing to accept reality. And in a moment of anger Sans finally yelled back. "Okay, fine, I do! Are you happy!? I wish that the person I killed would've loved us even just a little! I wish he would apologize to us for all that he did to us! Then promise us he would never do it again and that we would be a happy family! Just like all the other families I see in the capital! But I know that would never happen because I KILLED HIM!" The whole pocket Dimension became quiet, no sound could be heard. As we looked down at the floor not looking at each other until we heard a big bang. Like something just exploded in front of our pocket dimension's door. We quickly exited our home scanning around for where the sound came from. Only to see a crater a foot away from us. We carefully walked over to look inside the crater and see......