Code names

Sans POV

We woke up the next day in our old cage in the lab. Are faces were covered with bandages from the test the day before. "Sans do you think I can have a code name," Mincho asked me while he was laying his head on my lap. I think he wants to talk about something fun to get our minds off what we just went through. Shit, I feel we need a very good distraction after the shit Gaster put us through. "I don't see why not." I chuckle and carefully pat his head not touching his injuries. "How about my code name be Hōseki when we're on missions from now on."

"Why Hōseki?" I asked curiously. " During one of the battles on the battlefield, I found a book. It had information on the many meanings behind a card game named the bridge. It said that the diamond suit represents the autumn or fall season. The suit implies the growing state of one's working career. A diamond card represents progress, ethics, stability, commitment, and the air element. Jewels are just another way to say diamond I think. Jewels in Japanese is Hōseki" "Okay fine, if you get to have a cool code name like that I want one too. Mmmmm are there any other cards that would SUIT me?" "HA HA AH AH Sans that was terrible!!"

Papyrus yells while he laughs and Mincho now code named Hōseki laughs too. "HA ha, I think the Spades would be best for you because the Spades suit is considered the highest-ranking suit in games that give preference to the card suit. The spade symbolizes the winter season, and the symbol represents the water element. The suit symbolizes the acme of old age when one gains knowledge, transformation, and acceptance. I think the code name Supēdo would be perfect for you bro it means spade in Japanese." "OH OH ME NEXT ME NEXT I WANT A CODE NAME TOO!!!" Papyrus cuts in.

"Don't worry I know a perfect card for you it's the club suit but let's use its other name clover. So your code name will be Kurōbā. Clubs symbolize the summer season and the earth element. The club suit in cards indicates youth, a phase when one is focused on education and recklessness." Mincho says cheekily to Papyrus. "What I am not reckless." Papyrus pouts. "Sorry little bro but I have to agree with Hōseki here. Remember that time I told you not to explore that dark hole at the front lines? Because it was too dangerous and you still ran right into it. That is what being reckless is." Papyrus now has an amber color on his face from his blush. "Okay, I'll keep the name if Mincho sings for us." "Oh, you clever Fox you. Fine, I'll sing one song. Any requests?" Mincho asked. "You know my favorite song Hōseki." Mincho raises his arms in defense while smiling. "Okay okay..." I laid back to get comfortable right next to Papyrus as Hōseki began to sing.

"Isn't truth supposed to set you free?
Well, why do I feel so weighed down by it?
If I could show them everything I've seen
Open their eyes to all the lies then
Would they change their minds like I did?
But when I speak, they tell me, "Sit down"
But how can I when I've already started runnin'?
Oh, this is where we've been
But it's not where we belong
And I may be young, but I know I'm not wrong

So I look up at the stars to guide me
And throw caution to every warning sign
If knowing what it could be is what drives me
Then let me be the first to stand in line
So I make this wish
To have something more for us than this
So I make this wish
To have something more for us than this

Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah
Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah, ah-ah
More than this, oh-ah-ah-ah

I never knew I needed room to grow
Yeah, I did what I was told when someone told me "no"
Now I've got all of this freedom in my bones
But I've still got the lid on, so it doesn't overflow
'Cause I've got reservations and hesitations
On where I should even begin
I'm past dipping my toes in
But I'm not, no, I'm not past diving in
If I could just be pointed in any given direction
On where to go and what to do
My legs are shaking, but my head's held high
The way you always taught me to
So I look up at the stars to guide me
And throw caution to every warning sign
I'm sure there will be challenges that find me
But I can take them on one at a time
So I make this wish
To have something more for us than this
So I make this wish
To have something more for us than this
Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah (so I make this wish)
Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah, ah-ah (to have something more)
More than this, oh, ah-ah-ah
So I make this wish
To have something more for us than this"

"Hey, brothers if we have code names now doesn't that mean we need a team name?" Papyrus questioned us. "Mmmmm your right Papyrus...but seeing how I'm too lazy...Mincho will name the team as well." I said with a Cheshire Cat grin and Mincho had a look of betrayal on his face. "Hey, I came up with our code names you can come up with the team name Lazy Bones," Mincho says while he shoves his face into my lap. I can't help but let out a chuckle at my twin's attempts to copy my laziness. "Hooo okay how about...Kashikoi kitsune. It means clever foxes so from now on we'll be the Clever Foxes."

Papyrus had stars in his eye sockets and was jumping in place with joy. "Ok from now on, I will be the Compassionate Papyrus too. I think this is a great title for someone such as I. And I think that's the best team name ever. How did you come up with it Sans?" "The idea came from Mincho when he called you a clever fox before. There have been many times we had to out clever people and monsters on the battlefield. I think it's perfect to describe us as a team little bro." Papyrus now had an unimpressed look on his face before he spoke. "I'm shocked brother this is a new kind of laziness for you. I the Compassionate Papyrus will let this go just this once understand?" "You got it, bro, how about we sleep now? A good nap will do us some good don't you agree little Kurōbā?" I question Papyrus a little sleepy. "Fine, I shall take a small nap." Papyrus then cuddled up to me right next to Mincho who was sleeping peacefully. "Good night my little brothers. Sleep well."