Escape

Mincho POV

It's now been a whole year since Gaster changed our soul traits. And unluckily for us, we were called upon by Emperor Asgore to have judged some poor monsters that went against him. And we were sent back to the lab each time we finished the trials. We do have some luck because recently Gaster has not noticed the lock on our cage is broken. He has been too busy working on the core. We can also tell he needs to rest soon. And I know some would say just try to escape. But we still have the metal collars on us that can zap us with electricity.

Then one day Gaster wanted to do a scan of my Magic veins in my bones. But the collar kept getting in the way of the scanner. So he tried to put me to sleep with Rohypnol. Not knowing it didn't work on me because of my magic. So I pretended to be unconscious like always when he used it. I turned off my eye lights and my body went limp on the table. Me and my brothers found out this neat trick where we can turn off our eye lights and still see. Then Gaster goes to a hidden safe in the well and pulls out something. He then turns around and I see a remote similar to the one he gave Asgore. He pushed a red button in the middle and I could feel my collar come off. I wanted to tell Sans and Papyrus but remembered Gaster was going to scan me soon. So I quickly put myself to sleep before Gaster did his scan. After Gaster got his scan he dragged me back to the cage to wake up on my own.

I wait for a little before waking up so Gaster won't suspect anything. My brothers knew I was pretending so they didn't panic. Sans came over to me and put my head on his lap. While Papyrus leaned on his side talking about a puzzle book he found. I couldn't wait to tell them what I found out. (Bros! I need to tell you something it's very important! So sorry Papyrus about cutting your conversation with Sans short. But I need you two to pretend to fall asleep so I can tell you. And don't show any reaction to what I'm about to tell you. Okay bros?) I tell them in the link while I'm still pretending to be asleep. (Okay Mincho and I forgive you. You do seem excited about whatever you want to tell us.) Papyrus says as he pretends to fall asleep while still talking a little. Sans on the other hand let out a yawn as he pretended to fall asleep. (I think.) After a while, they both pretended to fall asleep, and I told them about Gaster's hidden safe that was in the wall and the remote.

(We should escape. The only reason we haven't tried before is because of these fucking collars. But if what you say is true will make our move tonight. Gaster is done with making the core. And I don't want us to be here when he's done. I rather not be tested on again. Just to make clones for a clone army of ourselves for war.) Sans says to both me and Papyrus. (Ho, I can't wait. Brothers, I want so badly to go to a place called a market. I heard it has everything you need there. But you have to have G to buy stuff there.) Papyrus says a bit saddened at the end. (Don't worry Papyrus. I'm sure Gaster must have some G hidden that's safe with the remote. We can take that when we escape tomorrow.) I say to Papyrus with a Cheshire Cat smile on my face in the mind link. (I agree with Mincho. We'll take his money and the remote and start a new life away from here.)

We waited for it to be midnight before we came out of our cage. Then we slowly walked to the examination room to where the hidden safe was. Luckily I have a good memory so I know the password. We entered it and the safe opened. And just like I saw before there was the remote and other things inside. Like a small rock labeled inventory Crystal. I was curious and picked it up then I remembered what I read in one of the books. Inventory Crystals are used to store several things inside of them. Thanks to that book I also know how to use it. So I stored everything thing that was in the safe beside the remote.

Sans POV

For the first time in our lives, we are so close to freedom that I can't believe it. I now hold in my hands the key to my and my brothers' freedom. (Who wants go to first?) I used the mind link to tslk with them. (It should be Papyrus!) Mincho yells with joy into the link. (What no. It should be you or Sans.) (Papyrus you should be free first. You're our little Crane. And it's time to see how beautiful you are when you fly free from this cage.) Mincho says with happy tears and nods to me. I pointed the remote at Papyrus's collar and pushed the red button and with a click Papyrus's collar came off. Mincho quickly pulled Papyrus into a hug shedding happy tears for him. All the while Papyrus is still shocked that it actually came off. I had to hold in my tears as I pushed the red button again. This time pointing the remote at Mincho's collar and came off. Mincho moved his hand to touch where the collar used to be and smiled.

Papyrus POV

Mincho's collar came off and I could feel his relief and happiness. I believe Sans was so happy to see us free from the collars he forgot about himself. So I grabbed the remote and pointed it at Sans's collar. There was another click and his collar was off. Sans used one hand and felt around his neck. We all hugged each other for because we are now free.