Broken Spirits

Sans POV

We got back to Gaster's lab in three days. And as soon as we were put in our cage, my little brothers broke down. Papyrus especially because his new title weighed down on him hard. While my twin brother Mincho feels it's his fault Papyrus had to be the Executioner. "I'm...I'm sor...sorry paps...if only I could kill...y..you wouldn't have been chosen as the Executioner. It's...all m...my fault I'm useless." Mincho cried as he hugged Papyrus in his lap rocking him back and forth on his knees. "N...no brother your...your not useless...just be..because you can't kill. I have se...seen you make a gr..grow a man wish f...for death before. And this is not your fault is anything it's Gaster's and Asgore's fault. Y..you understand it's... not your fault." Papyrus says while crying to Mincho but Mincho shakes his head side to side. "Stop, Mincho our little brother is right this is not your fault," I say sternly to him but Mincho still shakes his head no. As he continued to rock himself and Papyrus back and forth as they cried together.

"If that's the case then it's my fault more than yours. Because I have failed to get us out of here. Like for fuck sake I'm the big brother I'm supposed to protect you both. But I have failed numerous times against Gaster and his experiments. So if anything this is my fault that we are living this hell. It's...it's all my f...fault...I...I have failed you as a... an older brother. Sor...sorry I'm so sorry Mincho...Papyrus...I'm..." I started breaking down as well when I wanted to apologize for my failure as a big brother. "No... I'm...I'm sorry Sans pl..please don...don't cry it's not your fault. So please don't cry, big bro." Mincho says to me as crawls over to me on his knees with paps still in his arms.

We all cried for what seemed like hours in our old cage. Till we all had no more tears to shed because we became exhausted. So exhausted we needed to sleep but before that could happen. "Do you feel like you can sing Mincho?" Papyrus asked Mincho from being in between us on the floor. "Such, anything for you Papyrus."

"Welcome to Wonderland, we've got it all. Potions and pastries that make you grow tall. Forests and cottages, castles and cards that can talk

Welcome to Wonderland, look where you're at. Maddest of hatters, the Cheshire Cat. Magical cabins and lovely white rabbits with clocks.

Dancing through a dream underneath the stars. Laughing 'til the morning comes. Everyone that leaves has a heavy heart. Oh, Wonderland I love

Welcome to Wonderland, I'll be your guide. Holding your hand under sapphire skies. Let's go exploring or we could just go for a walk.

Welcome to Wonderland, where should we go. There's a tea party along down the road. Make an appearance and maybe they'll sing us a song

Dancing through a dream underneath the stars. Laughing 'til the morning comes. Everyone that leaves has a heavy heart
Oh, Wonderland I love

Nothing around here is quite as it seems
Not sure if anything's real or a dream
And the only thing sure from the start
Is the song that's inside of your heart
Don't let it leave
If this was a dream, then at least I've got
Memories for when morning comes
Now that I must leave with a heavy heart
Oh, Wonderland I love."

After Mincho sings the last note he falls asleep alongside Papyrus. But I stayed up for a little longer feeling like something going to happen soon.