Ch. 13

A man with short blond hair and in elegant leather suit walked into the office. "Hello Mr. Hanson. I'm expecting you have The Necelase of Aletheia," the man said in a very passive aggressive tone. "Yes, But not exactly sir." He raised his finger and gulped before containing. "Well Sir the person who owns it is in the dept but we cant just simply take it yet." A visible gulp o saliva slid throught his throught. Mr. Hanson was a small fellow who worked under Mr. and Miss van Pewdersmith. Mr. Hanson never wanted to be a "suck up" to a big company as he calls it. He wanted to be an architect but lets spare some details and just say he dreams did not come true. Mr. Pewdersmith put his hands on Mr. Hansons desk and leaded over him with his nose slightly above Mr. Hansons head. His breath blew across his short tamed hair as he spoke. "What will it take to get the necelase?" Mr, Hanson took a second to process and then extended the details. "Unless She pays off her debt witch with her current state she most definitely will but-" He took a strenuous gulp once again. "- You could put blood on the table." Mr. hanson was not a verry voilent man and did not like talking about death or murder. Its quite ironic. Mr. Pewdersmith stood up strait and gently strainted his vest before dressing his face in a smug look and looking down-to Mr. Handson. Before saying anything he turned around and while not even bothering to look back he spoke in a cruelly casually voice. "The next show is at 1:45." He walked toward the door swinging it open and then leaving it open as Mr. Hanson staired at him leaving and even after he left Mr. Hanson was in shock. He brought up his wrist and peared down onto it were his watch was sitting and read the time. He watch was a shiny steal with dark leather bands that had a fuzzy fabric underneath that was infact very comfortable. It was a gift from his mother. It has been covered in small scratches on the metal and at one point he had to get the glass replaced because it shattered. It meant a lot to him. He could still recaleect when his mother gave him the watch. He was only 11.

It Had been a long night but his mother always came home from work with a smile on her face. She pushed on in her life because she had a son to take care of and to see him when she came home. Her husband worked at home taking care of the house and farming out front to supply food for the family so he was often home to take care of him. The door opened quickly and Mr. hanson or Tom came running up to the door screaming "Mommy!" She usually worked late hours at an office job. He ran up to her and hugged her. She bent down and put her hands on his shoulders. "Hey I got something for you! It has been used a little but I knew that you wanted one." She reached into her bag she had resting around her shoulder. It hung low so she dident have to take it off to get the gift out. "Here." It was the watch. "Wow, thank you so much! Its like the one real architects wear." At his young age he just sawl business people wear nice watches and he realy wanted one. He flew tword his mother for another yet bigger hug. "Thank you again. I love you." "No! I love you more." Her mother corrected in a funny way as she started to tickle him. Even though they were not wealthy or at least stable he was happy. He had big dreams.

The time was 1 and the show was at 1:45 witch means he had fourty five minutes tp get the necalse. There is no way I can get it in forty five minutes its just not enough time. I picked up my bag and stuffed some stuff rom my desk into it. I took a picture in a hand made wooden frame off my desk. I held it in my hands and looked at it closely. I rubbed my finger over the people in it. I getly pu tit ontop of the bag. I have 3 choses, i can die or kill the owners of the necalse or i can try to do what is wright. I took my phone out of my pocket and began to type a message to a dear friend of mine, Jakub. I know that he has a daughter to worry about but I need him now. "Hey I know its been a long time but I need your help and i heard your in town. Were on the verge of war and we need to talk alone in private soon." I sent the message with hope that he would respond although i knew he might not. I made shure to leave out the details were i was in trouble with the company so he would be more lily to meat up with me. I dont have much time so i grabbed my bag and left the theature through the back entrance so nobody would notice me. I thought about burning down the theather but i need my name clean and if the company will be after me i dont need more of a reason for them to try to find. I grabbed my bag tight as i waled behind the buildings in the ally way. Trash and junk was piled up on the sides by the walls of the ally. Some of the walls were brick while others were wood. I need to head back to my apartment to grab some stuff that i need, I cant stay there because the company knows were i live and i far as i klnow i have failed them and i plan to stay alive. The tether was on the top of the city. You could aculaly see the sunlight from up here. I left the ally at the nearest bustop leaving my car behind. My car was trackable and the public transit was free and not trackable by the company. The company may have ties with the government but the transit busses were so old they didnet have smart feature or cameras. I mean you got to cut some corners when supplying 100% free transport around a mega city. There was very little sitting room but i foun da seat near the front of the buss. I looked around the buss just incase someone i knew was trailing me. The made that air pressure sound that busses make before it drove off. It was lud as people were talking and screening on it and the funny part is most of th epeople on the buss were just on their phones. The buss made the noise multiple times before i got off at my stop. It was about 15mintues from my house so it wasent to close. I did not live at the top of the city. I had light but i can not see sunlight. Some people in this city have never seen sunlight and some never will. It just sounds so miserable. I could nver do that. My phone buzzed and i pulled it out of my pockets and was a message from jakub. "Ill meat you at 805 Newsberry streat In sector 5 at 10:00." I lived in a small apsartment building that inly had 6 small two bedroom apartments. I grabbedd my backpack from the rack at the front door to stick stuff in. I grabbed some essials like canned food and a water bottle along wih some cash. Grabbed some stuff froim my workbag. When i opened it i sawl the picture of me and my family. "Dont worry it will be ok and i will make it right," i whispered to myself. I picked it up and removed the frame and pu t it in the bag along with everything else. I whent into my room and opened the closet and pulled out a gun and some ammo. I hope i dont have to use this but i might and i know i need it. I stuck it in my bag. I left my phone on the small woden table in the foyer so they could not track me. I pu the bag on my back and put my hand on the cold metal door handle to my apartment. I breathed in and out. This is a new chaper. One were i plan to change. I slowly pulled the dorr handel down and pushed the door open and whent on my way to a new chapter.