15. Touch Me

Mature content ⚠️

"What do you know about Mafia?

The question caught her off guard. Her hands halted and suddenly got clammy slipping down the spoon. She had to tried so hard to not make her nervousness and rapid breath evident.

"Um-- what do you mean?

Prity asked back shrugging, like it didn't really affect her.

Thankfully Rayan didn't observe her mini seconds of trembling form.

"Well, if suddenly you got to know someone very close to you is in Mafia, or a mobster, how will you react?

Prity managed to calm herself biting her tongue.

"I don't know, maybe confront them myself because they're close to me. Also if I adore that person I will accept it until those criminal matters will stay away from me".

Her reply was impressive.
Rayan stared at her eating figure quite a long time unable to reply back.

To be precise, he's unsure if he should reveal himself completely or not.

He already revealed Abhimanyu's illegal deeds and blackmailed her, yet she couldn't figure it out earlier that her brother himself is a Mafia somehow.

Is she really that dumb or acting like dumb.

Well, she can go to any extent for her family that already win Rayan's heart. Someday he's hoping, Prity can cross every extent for him too.

It will take time tho.

Human brains couldn't be trusted. He can turn blind eye to every wrongdoings of his Lily, killing, cursing but lying or betrayal, he's afraid of that.

He wanted to test if she's hiding something under her facade.

He trust her blindly that doesn't mean he will let her destroy him because Rayan had sealed their fate together and if Rayan is destroyed no way Prity would be spared.

Whatever one will face, other is bound to face that.

Prity looked up and found him staring at her blankly or maybe zoning out.

"Your food is getting cold".

She spoke breaking the eerie silence.

"Ohh yeah, right".

He started eating but all his brain was clouded with the fear of betrayal. This is why he never wanted anyone to invade his heart and soul and carve themselves there.

Only if he would've notice his wife's lips pursing up as a smirk.

A feeling of victory coursing through her veins.

She fucking made this man vulnerable, she fucking know his weakness.

Her plan is initiated finally.
.
.
.
.