PART TWO

"Of course my planet," Starfire crossed her arms looking at the group of teenagers surrounding her.

"The planet of Tameran," she added as if that would jog their memories. They all shook their heads exchanging worried glances. Starfire frowned, did they think she was crazy or something? Judging by all their expressions they did indeed think she was insane.

"Sweetie," The girl with the strawberry blonde hair said in an endearing voice, "That doesn't exist,"

Starfire shook her head "no, it does,"

The taller boy with the black hair looked at her thoughtfully before turning to the group "I think given all that we have seen we should at least give her a chance, "

The group nodded mumbling lightly as if it was a fair point.

"So your saying she's supernatural? " The boy she had kissed asked.

"Yes," The other boy said it with such certainty, Starfire practically believed him. True she had no clue what he was talking about but...

The girl with the brown hair turned to her "Who are you?" She asked.

Starfire's smile faltered. What if they didn't believe her?

"I'm Stiles," the taller boy said sensing the girl didn't know if they were to be trusted. "And thats Scott, Allison and Lydia," he pointed at each of them individually.

"My names Starfire and I am a princess of Tameran," as she said it she realised how silly it sounded. Starfire watched them nervously chewing her lip. They all looked like they'd hurt worse. Allison no wait Lydia looked her up and down clearly thinking that Starfire didn't look like an alien princess. After all were was the neon coloured skin and antenna? Starfire frowned. How on earth was she supposed to prove it to them?

"Okay! " Alison held a hand up "So say your telling the truth and you're really some princess of a planet we didn't know existed then why are you here?"

"I swear if you probe us," Stile's warned.

"Ew," Starfire pulled a face,

"I'll take that as a no," Stiles mumbled turning red.

"Why are you here?" Scott repeated the question. Starfire went quiet as she thought of all the posible things she could say. She wasn't sure if this was one of those situations were telling the truth would be useful. It wasn't like the four teenagers could help her planet. They hadn't even known it'd existed several minutes ago.

"My planet," she paused trying to find the correct words "is under attack by aliens-"

"ARE THEY FOLLOWING YOU?!? WE'RE GOING TO DIE ARN'T WE!!!" Stiles shouted looking worried at the sky trying to spot battle shoots. Starfire gave him a dirty look unable to grasp human's stupidity.

"He's actually quite smart," Lydia said as if she had read Starfire's mind. Starfire looked at all the of the teenagers deciding that Scott was clearly the leader and Stiles was kind of the dorky but ultimately adorable sidekick. The names Batman and Robin sprang to mind but she had no clue who they were.

"Do you have powers?" Allison asked twirling a strand of her hair as she watched her.

"She doesn't have powers-" Scott began but was cut of by Starfire extending her arm and an orb of green light appearing in it. The surrounding teenagers stared at it in awe. It stunned Starfire that they had never seen this before she slowly realised that these people had probably never seen magic like this.

"This is not common on your planet?" She questioned.

"Its weird... Even for us," Allison murmured staring at the green globe. All their attention seemed to be focused on it so Starfire closed her hand and withdrew her arm. She looked at the group expectantly.

"We can get on with the helping now,"

"How are we going to help you?" Scott asked.

"I have no where to live and no nothing of your customs," Starfire said now nervous that they would refuse.

"Well she can't stay at mine," Lydia shook her head.

Allison nodded "Me neither,"

"Uh fine," Scott rolled his eyes. Starfire found it hard to grasp why everyone was so intent on not having her stay at theirs. It wasn't like she had some kind of disease, maybe they were scared of her powers? She bit her lips, she decided that she wouldn't tell them about her other powers until she had gained their trust. She clasped her hands together looking at the all.

"Come on, we'll drive you all home," Stiles said motioning over to the blue jeeps. Starfire nodded following everyone into the car.

....

"What is Great Expectations about?" Starfire asked looking up at Scott who was doing one handed pushups on the floor. He looked at her slightly annoyed,

"Its about an orphan called Pip and his life," he said before continuing his mini workout reading a book with one hand.

"What book are you reading?" Starfire asked oblivious to the fact Scott was trying to get something done.

"Call of the wild," He said shortly swapping hands. He read the book intently while Starfire looked around. She was sitting next to large pile of books Scott had. She'd made a small fort out of them after working out the Earth book's were quite a bit different from her planet's ones. The computer let out a loud beep startling Starfire.

"What was that?" She whispered holding a hand to her heart.

"My computer," Scott said looking at her weirdly. He stood up walking over to it as Starfire eyed nervously at it.

"Ephemeral," He murmured reading the computer, he mumbled the rest of the sentence as Starfire relaxed, it looked like the 'computer' was harmless.

"What do you do on that?" She asked him curiously.

Scott was getting tired of her endless questions but answered regardless, "Everyday I learn a new word,"

"Why?" Starfire questioned.

He groaned loudly, "Because I want to," he walked over to her pulling her up "come on, lets get some breakfast?"

"Breakfast?" Starfire looked at him confused. Starfire had never heard of it but Scott looked at her like she was missing out on something.

"Come on," He took her hand pulling her into the kitchen. "I am about to show you the wonderful thing we human's call breakfast!"