PART EIGHT

Starfire sat on Derek's plush leather couch eating doughnuts. She looked around the loft, the couch was probably the only thing in their that was in decent conditions. Stiles sat next to her, stealing her doughnuts. Scott was sending them both aggravated glances and telling them to pay attention. They did, but only grudgingly. There was another werewolf with them, Scott had introduced him as Peter. She still hadn't passed judgement on him, especially with all of Stiles snarky comments about him on the drive there. They were planning out to break into the vault to save Boyd, the mystery girl and, mainly because Derek still wouldn't admit she was dead, Erica. They'd based the plan on a successful robbery that had taken place just before the bank had closed for good.

"Starfire?" Derek asked snapping his fingers in front of her, "Do you know the plan?"

"Yes," she said looking at him with a raised eyebrow, "I do pay attention,"

"I find that hard to believe," Derek snorted then pointing to Stiles, "You spend the whole time staring at him,"

"I do not!" Starfire defended herself.

"You kind of do," Peter interrupted watching their argument amused.

"Nobody asked you," Starfire snapped.

"Quite the feisty girl you got there," Peter smirked. Starfire threw her hands in the air in exasperation while Stiles tried to contain the smile that was taking over his face. Starfire glared at him causing Stiles to start laughing as he patted her back awkwardly.

Derek breathed harshly out of his nose, "So just to recap! There is a narrow air duct leads from the roof into the wall of the vault. I think that I can use my fist to break through the wall into the bank,"

Stiles stood up walking over to Derek and looking at him then towards the wall thoughtfully. "I don't think there will be enough room to get enough power behind a punch,"

"Stiles?" Derek said smiling at him and beckoning him over, "C'mere,". Stiles edged over and Derek took his hand holding it up a few centimeters away. He then punched his hand hard enough to throw Stiles off balance and send him stumbling away. Starfire couldn't help but laugh as Stiles sat back down next to her shaking his head and pouting.

"Any volunteers to follow me down the shaft into the vault?" Derek asked looking at them all expectantly.

"I'll pass," Peter refused before saying "I'm still not up to fighting speed. You know, still recovering from being dead," He stopped for a few seconds and when no one interrupted continued, "It's also pointless going after the Alpha pack, when they are so super strong. You do remember that the twins combined bodies to form one giant alpha. I don't know about you but I'm willing to let both Erica and Boyd die rather than fight.

"Could someone please kill him again?" Stiles interjected, Starfire nodded in agreement. He was getting on her nerves. Derek sighed, he still needed volunteers.

"Scott?" He asked.

"Well we have to try," Scott shrugged.

"I'll come!" Starfire said, out of everyone she seemed the most upbeat. She'd never done anything like this and was excited.

"I object!" Stiles said almost immediately.

"Overruled, we need people... Even aliens," Derek sighed, it was quite obvious Derek thought Starfire might blow the whole mission.

"It's too dangerous!" Stiles continued looking angrily at him all, "We can't let her do it, in fact I won't allow it!"

"You don't run my life," Starfire crossed her arms glaring at her.

"Trouble in paradise?" Peter whispered to Scott, who uncharacteristically sniggered.

"Its. Too. Dangerous." Stiles said stressing every word, "You could die!"

"Well then you can say I told you so!"

. . . .

Starfire wrapped her coat around her as she walked behind Derek and Scott. Right now they were outside of the back. Suddenly Scott hesitated.

"We're not measuring the risk accurately!" He said after a few minutes of staring at the bank.

"Right..." Starfire nodded, "Risk and Reward,"

Scott gave her a small smile, glad someone was catching one, "I mean why have they waited so long to kill Boyd? It's been four months since they painted Derek's door! Why the wait may be the most important missing detail we have!"

Derek snorted walking ahead at a quicker pace. Scott and Starfire exchanged a glance before walking after him. Starfire looked at the moon taking a deep breath before climbing up the ladder onto the roof.

"Starfire," Derek beckoned her over, "Use your power to open the air vault,"

"Can't you?" Starfire asked leaning over and opening the palm of her hand. A stream of green light projected from it and in a few seconds the grill fell off. Derek pushed her to the side before climbing in.

"You're welcome," She mumbled.

"Good job!" Scott whispered patting her back before climbing in after Derek. Starfire sighed before climbing in after them. The shaft was small and now filled with dust as the boys punched a hole through the wall into the vault. They fell through all couching, moonlight filled the darkened room. Starfire looked around and saw a tall dark skinned boy sitting in a corner. He jumped up when he saw them, it was Boyd. She recognized him from the poster. A girl saw next to him, she was small, pretty, her face shielded with thick brown hair.

"Cora," Derek breathed out looking surprised,

"Get out!" she shouted pointing back to the door, behind her Boyd was twitching. Starfire backed away, his eyes were flashing from brown to a goldfish yellow.

"Cora?" Scott asked looking over a Derek.

"She's my little sister... I thought she was dead,"

"Now is not really the time for reunions," Starfire murmured backing away from both Boyd and Cora. Both of the werewolves' eyes were changing colour and starting to growl. They were losing control. There was the sound of heels clicking on the concrete and they whipped around. A lady was standing by the door pouring a black like dirt on the ground. Starfire had no clue what was going on, she recognized the lady as Ms. Morrell, she was the guidance councilor. Starfire looked at the dirt surrounding them and recognized it as ash. Why it was there she didn't know.

There was a growl behind her and Starfire whipped around seeing Cora, now in werewolf form, jumping at her. Without thinking a stream of light flew out of her hand sending Cora flying into the wall. Starfire could already picture Stiles standing over her grave saying 'I told you so'. Boyd growled circling her. Starfire gulped but just as Boyd jumped at her Scott pushed him over. Derek was attempting to fight Cora, but was clearly afraid of injuring her. Boyd had hit Scott down and was charging at her again. Another stream of light came out of her hand and Boyd let out a howl. It gave Scott enough time to get up and jump on him from behind.

"Boyd!" A voice shouted, Starfire looked over and saw Allison waving at the werewolf and leaning down her hand resting on the ash.

"ALLISON! DON'T" Derek shouted pushing Cora of him. She shook her head ignoring Derek's shouts and broke the circle of ash.

"Boyd!" She shouted out as she did it. Boyd and Cora looked up noticing that the circle was broken, before running out.

"OH," Starfire whispered watching them run out, "It was Mountain Ash," she knew little about it but remembered Stiles telling her it could trap and kill werewolves. Derek stormed over to Allison looking livid.

"Why would you do that?" He hissed motioning to Boyd's and Cora's retreating forms.

"She did save our lives," Scott pointed out, Starfire nodded in agreement,

"No! She's let lose two killing machines into the world at large!" Derek shouted, getting more and more angry. Starfire could see where this conversation was doing and wanted to anything but apart of it. She turned away not seeing either of the young werewolves. She looked back at her arguing friends, if they weren't going to help she'd do it by herself.