PART NINE

Starfire's breathing was becoming labored as she ran after the two werewolves.

"Starfire!" Scott shouted, "Wait!"

She slowed down briefly, glad that the bickering had stopped. She hadn't wanted to take on two cried werewolves by herself. It was practically suicide. The sound of Boyd's pounding feet was getting more distance. Both Scott and her were having trouble keeping up. They came into a clearing skidding to a halt.

"Seriously? Were is he?" Scott asked looking around as he got his breath back.

"Maybe he's hiding," Starfire said looking suspiciously at the trees. Scott snorted shaking his head, "Doubt it,"

"He could be though,"

"He's not," Scott said flatly sighing as he took out his phone. He dialed a number, Starfire peered over his shoulder and saw it was Derek. Scott noticed Starfire and chuckled.

"I'll put it on speakerphone,"

"Speakerphone?" Starfire asked frowning.

"Hello? Scott?" Derek's voice came through the phone causing Starfire to jump.

"Yeah, its me!" Scott said motioning for Starfire to keep walking with him, "We've lost Boyd."

Derek cursed, "What do you suggest them,

"We should stick together to find him again."

"Scott is right," Starfire said talking loudly into the phone.

"He can hear you don't worry," Scott said shaking with contained laugher.

Starfire pulled a face at him before continuing, "Boyd is too strong, too fast and way too angry for one person to handle,"

"Smartest thing I've ever heard you say," Derek said causing Starfire to glare at the phone. Scott sighed taking the phone off Starfire and continuing to talk to Derek. Starfire listened as they planned to meet up in a few minutes. As they talked Starfire heard a sound and frowned tilting her head. She looked over at Scott who was still talking to Derek, she wanted to check out the sound and it didn't look like Scott would miss her. She ran off towards the sound. She dodges throughout the trees nothing how fireflies were filling the area. It distracted her causing her to trip over and slid into clear clearing. She stood up realizing she was in a paddock over in the corner she saw two children, a boy and a girl, running around trying to catch fireflies into jars. Starfire relaxed, she'd thought all the noise had been Boyd. She watched them giggling, she'd always wanted to do something like this on her planet but then again their fireflies were incredibly dangerous. The moon's light filled the paddock and Starfire tensed. Just as she'd predicted Boyd came running into the paddock. She knew she'd heard something!

The kids screamed running towards a metal shed and hiding behind it. Boyd noticed them running after them. He let out a growl lifting up the metal shed showing the kids. Starfire ran towards the two kids as Boyd stepped towards them. The kids watched in fear, not able to move out of terror.

"OVER HERE YOU JERK!" Starfire shouted waving her arms in the air, Boyd looked up noticing her, only to be hit squarely in the chest with the green light. Starfire took a few deep breathes, she'd never had to used her powers so much in one night. It was tiring! After a few seconds she remembered the little kids. She ran over to them,

"Hey," she smiled at them. Only for the little girl to give out a small strangled scream.

"I'm not that scary you now right," She rolled her eyes picking them both up.

"Come on, I'll get you home," she murmured patting both their heads. She was pretty sure that was what human parents did when their child was upset. Boyd stirred slightly and Starfire bolted not wanting to face the now very pissed werewolf. She kept running not looking back until she ran into Derek. Isaac and Scott stood behind him.

She groaned making sure neither of the children were hurt.

"What did you do?" Derek sighed running a hand through his hair.

"I saved these kids from Boyd,"

Scott smiled at the little kids, leaning down so that they were at eye level, "We'll get you home, we promise," he whispered.

. . . .

Once the children were home safely, the four of them started to follow the stacks left by Boyd and Cora.

"They're sticking together," Scott said after a few minutes of them silently walking.

"Great, two psychos, pissed off werewolves sticking together,"

"Maybe they'll calm each other down," Starfire said after a few minutes. She looked brightly at both of the boys.

"You're an idiot," Derek said bluntly.

Starfire pulled a face pouting, "I am not,"

Derek snorted put didn't say anything else. He just kept walking while Starfire pulled faces behind his back. She was completely aware that he knew she was doing that but didn't stop.

'Question!" She said stopped, "Boyd was trying to rip the two kids apart is that what they will do that to everyone they find?"

Derek sighed "Yes, everyone, anyone and anything,"

Starfire sighed noticing Scott hadn't been listening to them. Scott was talking into the phone looking concerned. He hung up and sighed, "Lydia found a dead life guard. Totally mutilated! I told Stiles to get a closer look at the wounds to find out if it was Boyd and Cora. The only thing Stiles had to saw was that the main was wearing a purity ring,"

"A purity ring?" Starfire asked.

"Yeah," Scott nodded. "It signifies that he has committed to remain a virgin until marriage,"

"A virgin?" Starfire asked again.

Scott choose not to answer and continued talking about the dead man.

"I think Boyd and Cora did it,"

"Doubt it," Derek said shaking his head, "How would they get all the way to the other side of the woods in such a short period of time? I mean that's not where we have been tracking them."

Scott looked upset, "They've killed an innocent," as he said it he looked broken, "We're to blame,"

Starfire hoped not, she didn't want to be responsible for someone's death; especially if they were innocent.

"It's not your fault," Derek said heavily, "It's mine,"

"Well I still want to help," Scott said looking more determined now.

"Same!" Starfire nodded vigorously.

Derek looked reluctant, "I have Isaac,"

Scott shook his head insisting that they were "Too fast, too strong, too rabid for them to catch,"

Derek looked unconvinced, he looked at Scott then at Starfire, "and we'll catch them on our own!"

Isaac then spoke for the first time that night, "If we do catch them we won't have a have a plan! Do you expect us to just hold them down until sun comes up?"

"It might be easier to just kill them," Derek said thoughtfully.

Starfire's jaw dropped; "You should know that I'm totally against that!" she looked at him outraged that that was the only idea he could come up with.

Luckily Scott was with her, "I agree! That's not the right thing to do,"

"Then what do you suggest?" Derek asked raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms. He clearly thought that Scott didn't have any other ideas.

"Maybe we can find someone who knows how to hunt werewolves?" He asked.

"Great," Derek groaned, "More Argents,"