PART FIVE

Starfire sat on the park bench outside the school sipping coffee as she stared at the school. Scott had offered to give her a ride on his motorbike but she'd declined. She wasn't very fond of that contraption. She sculled the rest of her coffee throwing it in a perfect arc into the rubbish bin. On her short time on Earth she'd decided that coffee and bacon where by far their best inventions. She tapped her hands on her knees as she waited for Scott to arrive. She still found it hard to believe that the bus had beaten his bike. No sooner then she'd though it Scott's green motor cycle came into view. He pulled up parking it, taking out his phone and walking towards Starfire.

"Just come over Derek," He rolled his eyes turning if off and sitting down next to her. She offered him a muffin but he declined.

"Your loss," Starfire shrugged breaking some off and chewing it thoughtfully, "So why did you call Derek," she asked.

"I want to show him those bruises Allison and Lydia have," He explained, "I know them from somewhere," he said looking off into space absentmindedly taking some of her muffin and chewing it. Starfire raised an eyebrow at him skeptically. She was tempted to get him to spit it out but decided against it.

"Hey Scott! Star!" A voice shouted. They looked up and were greeted by Stiles. He sat down next to them, "You call Derek?" he asked leaning over and taking some of Starfire's muffin. She glared at him pulling the muffin to her chest protectively. What was it with those boys and muffins?

"Yup," Scott nodded glancing over to car park looking out of Derek.

"I heard about what happened last night," Starfire said looking at Stiles sympathetically. The previous night Heather, the girl whose party they'd attended and who'd snogged Stiles was gone. Stile's had gone upstairs to get something from her brothers room and when he'd returned the only thing he'd found was Heather's discarded shoe.

"Seriously?" Stiles exclaimed, "You told her?"

"She's our friend," Scott replied crossing his arms. Starfire grinned broadly at the both of them until a few minutes ago she'd assumed they were acquaintances. Stiles was going to make a sarcastic comment when Allison and Lydia pulled up walking over to them.

"Saved by the bell," He mumbled huffing. Starfire laughed poking out her tongue.

"Derek coming?" Lydia asked crossing her arms resting all her weight on one of her legs.

"Soon," Scott replied sighing, he seemed agitated. They all stood in silence for several minutes, Scott looking at Allison whenever she wasn't, Allison doing the exact same, Lydia on her phone and Stile's eyeing Starfire's muffin.

"Go away," she mumbled hugging the muffin, "And get your own,"

"Please?" Stiles whined giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Not working,"

"Scott!" They all looked up and saw Derek propping his motorbike up and walking up to him. Starfire's first thought was how badass he looked. "What's so important that I had to come?"

"Well this," Scott said motioning for Allison and Lydia to reveal the bruises on their arms. Derek stared at them for a moment before snorted.

"You idiot's," He chuckled, "There's no pattern there,"

Each teenager looked down at the bruises confused.

"You really overthought that one," Derek shook his head

"It's Pareidolia," Lydia said abruptly.

"Paraelpoh?" Starfire repeated looking at her confused.

"Pareidolia," Lydia smiled slightly "It's a mental condition that causes people to see patterns that aren't there,"

"Thats... nice?" Stiles said shaking his head.

Derek snorted, "So great help girls," he glared at him.

"They're just trying to help," Scott protested.

"Bull," Derek snorted pointing to Lydia and saying "This one who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you." Then He pointed to Allison his expression darkening, "and this one who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack."

"Technically," Stiles interrupted "Only mangling and maiming are connected to them,"

"Yeah!" Allison said nodding her head looking relieved that Stile's had stood up for them, "Plus you are the reason my Mother is dead,"

"Her death was due to your family honor code and not my actions," He said stiffly glaring at her. Starfire was glancing between all of them. She understood little of the conversation.

"Besides I'm only here to help Scott not you!" She flipped her hair and Starfire turned to Derek waiting for his response. It was like a scene of a movie.

"Fine," Derek shrugged smirking as he flicked dust of his leather jacket and walked off. He stopped before he hoped onto his motorbike, "You'll need to find something real if you want to help me,". Scott groaned quickly jogging over to him having a whispered conversation before Derek rolled his eyes and drove off. Starfire tilted her head watching him drive off.

"Is he always like that?" She asked Stiles as they walked towards school. Stiles shrugged looking at her with wide eyes the crumbs of her muffin falling from his mouth. Starfire looked down at her hands, how had he managed to take it of her without her noticing?

"You're unbelievable," She groaned glaring at him.

. . . .

Starfire lay underneath a tree, her head resting in Stile's lap. They were relaxing near the lacrosse field watching some of the Junior student's train. Starfire yawned as Stiles played with her hair attempting to plait it. Starfire predicted that by the end of their short break her head would be knotted. She watched the students as they played, on her planet they didn't have a single game remotely like this. She still didn't get half of it. Scott had told her a few days ago that he was the captain and that Stiles was also on the team. He'd also hinted that Stiles might not be that flash at it.

"Maybe they need sacrifices," Stiles said after a few minutes. Starfire groaned snapping out of her daydream for the past fifteen minutes Stiles had been trying to figure out what the Alpha Pack wanted with Erica and Boyd.

"For what?" Starfire asked dryly looking up at him. Stile's open and closed his mouth before huffing.

"Okay maybe they need slaves," Stiles said after a few seconds.

"I'm not sure the Alphas want them," Scott interjected before Stile's could list something else. Stile's stopped for a few minutes letting the plait he'd been making fall into Starfire's eyes. Stiles was silent for a few minutes as he thought about what Scott had said.

"Okay, here me out here but what if the are trying to recruit Derek!"

Starfire was silent as she thought about what Stile's had said. It didn't sound totally stupid...

At that moment a pair of twins walked past and Scott who was about to say something immediately stopped his head turning to watch them walk past.

"Who are they?" He asked his eye following them as they walked off.

Starfire watched them for a few seconds, "They're called Aiden and Ethan, I heard Lydia talking about them," Scott nodded not expanding on the topic as he watched them. Starfire frowned but choose not to expand on the topic. Yet it was still obvious there was something he wasn't telling them.