PART SIXTEEN

"Scott wait up!" Starfire frowned as they walked hurriedly through the car pack. The takeout she was holding for Scott's mother, Melissa, was still sizzling in her hands. She shook her hand hissing slightly at the burning container.

"Mum!" Scott shouted waving his hands, Starfire looked up to see a very overwhelmed Melissa McCall. They sped over to her both looking at her concerned. She looked like she needed more food.

"You okay?" Starfire asked offering her the takeout.

"Just a bit overwhelmed," she fanned herself taking the takeout smiling warmly at Starfire.

"What happened?" Scott asked looking around at the bloody patients all arriving.

"Half the accident victims from a 10 car pile have been rerouted her and our ER isn't here or answering any calls!" she threw her hands up in the air distressed before shouting once again for an update on Dr. Hilliard.

"He'll come!" Starfire said confidently, next to her Scott looked less, he still gave his mother a charming smile though.

"Can I have some pain meds?" A woman asked, they all turned around to see a woman with blood on her face looking in pain.

"Sorry," Melissa truly did look sorry, "But I can't give you something without first examining you, it could do more harm than good,"

Starfire looked at the woman, she wished she was at Stiles place instead. Maybe they could watch one of those corny love stories Lydia told her about and eat pop corn and Stiles could hug her. She smiled to herself, wishing that could be a reality. It'd probably never happen, especially with everything happening. Seeing this woman in so much pain hurt Starfire. She hated how she couldn't help. Scott sat down next to those hurting woman.

"I read somewhere online that human contact can help alleviate pain," Scott smiled at the lady taking his hand in hers.

"Okay, thats not true..." Starfire began trailing of watching the veins in his arm fill with a black liquid. As she watched it occurred to her what he was going; he was drawn the pain out of her. Starfire was going to say something but as she saw the woman's face ease and smile she stopped. She leant forward and whispered so no one else could hear.

"Next to you do that wear a jumper, not very subtle,"

Scott chuckled poking his tongue out at her and standing up letting go of the woman's hand. Melissa was having an urgent conversation with a doctor as Starfire and him looked around unsure what to do. They wanted to help but Scott couldn't take all their pain and well... Starfire couldn't do anything

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP!" A voice screamed, they spun around quickly and found Ethan supporting an unwell Danny. They quickly walked over, Starfire slipping a hand around Danny's waist to help Ethan. Ethan murmured a quick thank you to her as Scott came over with Melissa.

"Whats wrong?" She asked holding a hand to Danny's heart checking if he was still breathing.

"Well he was having trouble breathing and getting chest pains. They just kept getting worse and worse," Ethan looked clearly distressed, "Please do something!" He asked, "Anything,"

"I think he is suffering from Tension Pneumothorax," Melissa said looking at Danny worried.

"Starfire, don't ask," Scott said holding up a finger, "She'll explain," Starfire pouted, slightly annoyed her actions could be predicted.

"Its when the lung is punctured and air escapes into the chest cavity causing a pressure to build up against the heart and difficulty breathing. Also his Larynx has shifted to the side," she leant down next to him worried. Before anything else could happen Danny vomited onto the floor, or to be more precise Starfire's shoes.