PART THIRTEEN

Sweat slid down Starfire's head as she lay in the back of Stiles jeep. Every time they hit a bump she let out a gasp running a hand through her hair.

"Why did you let her come with you?" Stiles was raging not looking from the road.

"I didn't know any of them were coming," Scott argued looking back at Starfire.

"Don't blame me," she murmured holding her wound tighter. In this particular case she was happier to blame Derek.

"Can we just hurry?" Starfire asked, her eyes jammed shut.

"Right!" Stiles nodded staring back at the road speeding up the car. Black dots were appearing in front of Starfire's eyes. She sighed resting her head in the seat thinking back to what had happened. Even in her weakened state she wanted nothing more than to slap that bitch, Kali, into oblivion. She closed her eyes again trying to calm down her heartbeat, in a futile attempt to lesson the pain. If Galore knew what kind of trouble she was getting into he'd have killed her. As she thought of that her heart sunk. That was if she'd ever see Galore again, the alien race that had invaded her planted were ruthless and the chances of him surviving where so little. Hot tears leaked from her eyes trailing down her face. Her head was pounding as she opened her eyes. Her vision was fading and becoming blurry. She wanted to blame her tears but realistically it was her wound. The pain was becoming worse, something Starfire found hard to fathom, wasn't pain supposed to lesson over time? That was her last thought before blackness overtook her.

. . .

Bright lights, was the first thing that Starfire noticed, then the needle sticking out of her arm. She watched dazed as blood travelled up the thin line into a bag. The pain in her stomach as practically none existent, she turned her head looking around at the white room. It was empty expect for a figure lying asleep in a chair.

"Stiles?" she asked her voice raw and her throat dry. Stiles was fast asleep even in the dark room she could see his eyes fluttering underneath his eyelids. Starfire pulled herself up leaning against the pillow to support her back.

"Stiles," she repeated louder than before, "Wake up,"

"5 more minutes," Stile whined, apparently in his sleeping state he was unable to work out whose voices where whose and where he was.

"Fine then jerk," Starfire said crossing her arms and wincing slightly as the bandage dug into her stomach. Stiles, who had some how managed the art of working out when Starfire was in pain regardless of whether or not he was asleep, jumped up.

"Are you okay? Is the bandage too tight? Are you hungry? God, you must be starving," he talked rapidly as he stood next to her bed.

"Stiles," Starfire smiled up at him grasping his hand tightly, "I'm fine, I promise,"

Stiles breathed a deep sigh of relief pulling the chair he'd been sleeping in closer to her bed and collapsing down on it. He rested his face in his palms breathing a sigh of relief.

"I was so so worried," he murmured into them taking deep breathes. Starfire frowned, she hated the idea of Stiles being upset or worried.

"But I'm good now,' she whispered leaning over and pulling his hands away, "It's all okay,"

Stiles face changed drastically and he face her a toothy grin as he took his hand into hers gripping it tightly, "By the time we got you to the Hospital you'd blacked out. They had to preform surgery on you. The Doctors didn't think you'd survive, most humans don't. Then again you're not human are you?" Stiles gave her a small smile, "But here you are, the think you'll be able to leave by tomorrow morning,"