PART SEVENTEEN

Starfire sipped the watery, horrible take away coffee as Stiles tapped his foot to the beat of Fallout Boy; a band Starfire had learnt was his favourite. Scott was falling asleep in the back. They'd gotten a call from Lydia saying she went into a fugue state and ended up at the School. Somewhere she hadn't intended to go. Starfire was certain that Lydia had been drawn to yet another murder. It once again drew the question of what exactly Lydia was. The most obvious seemed to Physic but Lydia had remained adamant she wasn't. Starfire looked out the window thinking. What other Supernatural creature could she possibly be? The car pulled up into the car park and Stiles leant over poking Scott.

'Wakey wakey," He laughed as Scott squatted his hand away grumbling slightly. To be far it was 1 o'clock at night and the only think keeping Starfire awake was the cheap coffee she'd been drinking. Stiles seemed the only one out of the trio that had an ounce of energy. He jumped on looking around as Scott and Starfire fumbled trying to open the doors. Scott falling out of it, Starfire laughed stepping over Scott and helping him up.

"You awake?" She asked as Stiles took Starfire's hand pulling her towards the two figures of the girls.

"Yeah," Scott rubbed his eyes trailing after them. Lydia and Allison turned around seeing them, Lydia waving at them, beckoning them to come forward.

"So you came here?" Stiles asked looking around at the abandoned school.

"Yeah, went into one into my amnesia like states," Lydia gestured around the school helplessly.

"Well, so far you've always led us to a dead body. I don't see why this would be any different," Starfire shrugged, "We should have a quick look around just incase,"

They murmured in agreement walking towards the center of campus. After several minutes their eyes adjusted to the gloom around them. Starfire frowned squinting at the Beacon Hills High School sign.

"Can you see that?" She asked pointing towards the sigh, she was quiet certain that the previous day the sigh hadn't had a large lumpy thing in the center. The huddled over to where the sign was.

"Oh god!" Lydia murmured her hand flying to her mouth. Laying dead on the sigh was a pretty woman in the police department's clothes.

"That's Deputy Grahame," Stiles said breaking the silence.

Starfire looked at the lifeless body; which sacrifice would that be.

. . . .

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes." Ms. Blake was pacing around the class, "Could anyone tell me about they are?" She stopped in front of Starfire's desk, "Starfire?"

"Uh..." Starfire looked around the class frantically, "Do they..." she trailed of again not knowing what to say, "Make English harder?"

Ms. Blake gave a short laugh walking back to the front of the class, "No Starfire. These are all tools a writer uses to tell a story,"

"I totally knew that," Starfire whispered to Stiles who gave her thumbs up snorting. Ms. Blake stopped in front of Lydia desk. She stared down at the image the strawberry blonde was drawing.

"Well Lydia. I wasn't aware that you had so many hidden talents,"

"Yeah, you and every guy I've ever dated," Lydia retorted, Starfire had to stop herself from clapping.

"Class, that's an example of an idiom," Ms. Blake shook her looking disconcerted. Starfire watched her trying to figure out why she looked like that. Of course it was most likely due to the fact this was the first time she'd seen the trio and Lydia since the night Boyd had been killed.

Starfire zoomed out watching Ms. Blake thoughtfully; there was something about her that was off. She had yet to work out why she thought that. She still remained adamant about it though, yet she wouldn't tell anyone, especially with the chance of someone Derek. Derek Hale seemed to be in love with her, Starfire watched as Ms. Blake smiled briefly at the class. She could see why though, Ms. Blake was smart and beautiful but the way she'd been so calm about accepting the world of supernatural kind of scared her. Scott had told her how his mother had acted; she knew why Stiles hadn't wanted to tell his father. Knowing about the supernatural changed your whole perspective of life.

"Starfire," Ms. Blake was standing in front of her again.

"Hi," Starfire waved awkwardly.

"We're you listening?" Ms. Blake crossed her arms looking at her skeptically.

"No, wait yes... Possibly," Starfire winced slightly looking up at her unsure what to say.

"I'll take that as a no," Ms. Blake gave a heavy sigh, "As I was saying, idioms require both the author and the reader to have a common knowledge of language and culture. Does anyone know the phrase 'Jump the gun?" She asked.

Starfire shook her head while the rest of the class nodded.

"Well both the author and reader must know about the use of starting guns in races to understand the idiom. Another example would be seeing the whole board,"

"I get none of this," Starfire groaned throwing her hands up in the air before smacking her head on the table. Stiles leant over patting her back,

"Don't worry, I'll explain it for you,"

"What would I do without you?" Starfire said gratefully.

"I dunno... Probably crash and burn," Stiles shrugged as she kicked him in the shins playfully. Starfire smiled turning her attention back to Ms. Blake who was writing homework up on the board. As Starfire saw words about idioms and metaphors she decided it would be easier if she just didn't do her homework.

"Psst! Star, Stiles!" They turned around seeing Scott and Lydia motioning for them to lean over.

"So we were talking and decided we should talk to Ethan. I'm beginning to think that the Darach may have been an emissary to the Alpha Pack," Scott began before Stiles interrupted.

"Great idea but Aiden and Ethan have been inseparable since they helped kill Boyd,"

"True, thats why Lydia is going to distract Aiden."

. . . .

"Why are you even talking to me, I helped kill Boyd, for all you know I might kill another one of your friends," Ethan said looking at each of them surprised. Next to Starfire Stile's hand tightened in her, she looked over at him seeing Stiles take offence.

"You looked at her when you said that," Stiles crossed his arms glaring darkly at Ethan, "I swear if you touch her I'll break off an extra-large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane and roll it in mistletoe and shove it up your freaking-"

"Stiles!" Scott shouted pulling him away from Ethan, Starfire shook her head,

"Don't worry about me Stiles," she whispered smiling at him.

"I know you guys didn't want to kill Boyd," Scott took control over the situation again, "I believe that you won't do something like that again,"

Ethan looked at them at them thoughtfully.

"So talk," Starfire looked at him impatiently.

"My brother and I... Once we were Omegas in a pack. We were badly abused by the Alpha and our pack mates. They were all brutal killers,"

"Then why didn't you just become Voltron Wolf and fight back?" Stiles looked unimpressed at him.

"Thats the thing, we didn't know how to do it back then! We owe fealty to Deucalion because he helped us to develop and control our ability to merge into our form. After that we were able to kill all our oppressors one by one. We saved our Alpha for last," Ethan looked out the window thoughtfully before looking back at them, "Does that answer your question?"