Chapter 5: Crushing Hard

After about 15 minutes Luke and Calum came back to the living room and the boys decided they would do their first cover next time.

When I got home I immediately showered and went to bed. Saturday night and I'm already in bed at 10.

Although I was in bed, I never fell asleep. All I could do was think of Luke. The way his voice was when he sang. The way his nose scrunched when he laughed hard. The way he even drank his water was attractive. Jeez. I'm crushing hard on Luke Hemmings.

I checked the time and realized it was 4 in the morning. I can't believe I didn't fall asleep. It felt like 10 minutes, but instead it was 6 hours. 6 hours wasted on thinking about Luke.

Soon enough I feel asleep still having Luke on my mind.

_

I woke to my phone going off. I answer it knowing it was Ashton.

"Hello," I say tiredly. "Are you- Did you just wake up," Ash questions. "Yeah I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about Lu-I was having nightmares and I was, uh, thinking about them?," I say almost blowing my cover.

"Okay are you going to Harry's soccer game with me again? It's at 1," Ash asked. Harry was Ashton's younger brother and he's practically my brother. I've been to every one of his soccer games and I won't be missing one now.

"Of course, I'll go get ready," I say wishing I could just stay in bed all day. "Great I'll be by in 30 minutes," Ashton replies.

_

After watching Harry's game, which they won, I was walking home with Ash and he was talking about how happy he was about his new band. I wanted to be happy, but I just couldn't get my mind of Luke. I was lost in thought until Ashton caught my attention by waving his hands in my face.

I get startled and then he laughs. "I asked if you were going to come eat pizza with me and the boys tomorrow before practice. They really like you and want to hang out with you more," Ashton explains. I really want to but considering Luke will be there I just didn't know.

We made it to my house and when we got inside we both plopped on the couch. I was lost in thought until I heard Ashton say,"What's wrong with you lately?" I didn't know what to say. 'Oh I have a crush on my best friend's band mate nothing bad'

I lie and say,"I'm fine just a little tired. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night." He replies with an 'Oh'. I know he knows I'm lying. He knows everything about me. Except that I have a crush on his band mate but oh well.

He said he had to go home so he left and I was left with an empty house. My parents used to always be home but now avoid each other and me. But whenever I say something I get told I'm a child and don't need to worry. That will always be they're answer won't it?

It's now 11 at night. How time flies when I'm thinking. I change into pajamas and fall fast asleep.