Chapter 6: Pizza With the Band

I wake up the next morning and check my phone to see that Ashton still wants me to go eat pizza with him and his band. His band means Luke.

I tell him I'll think about it as I go get ready for the day. If I go I would have to be happy but I can't because I'd be sitting there with my crush who doesn't even know he's my crush!

As I'm done getting ready I hear a knock on the front door. I go downstairs and open the door to be facing Calum. Why is he here?

"Holly!" Calum exclaims. "Calum! What are you doing here?" I ask. "Ashton said you didn't want to eat pizza with us. Why?" Calum explains.

"I never said I didn't want to. I said I'd think about it"

"Well I'll help you decide. You can eat pizza with this cool guy," he says will gesturing to himself,"Or be a loser and sit alone here all day. Your choice."

"Fine. But you have to buy me a milkshake," I say really craving a milkshake.

"Deal. This is great! Shall we be going," Calum asks. "Are we going to eat pizza all day? It's so early," I say checking the time seeing it's only 10. "We're meeting the boys at the park. I'll text them saying you're coming," he explains.

I laugh as we head out the door to the park.

_

When we get to the park I see the three other boys are already there. Luke is laughing at something Ashton said and he turns to see me and Calum walking up. When he sees me his face drops. Great, he already hates me.

Ash hugs me and says he's glad I came. I turn to Michael and see his hair is red and black. I remember him saying he wanted to dye his hair but his didn't want him to. I guess he still dyed it. I go over to him and mess up his hair while saying "Nice color dude" as I laugh. He playfully shoves me and fixes his hair.

We all start playing on the playground but Luke keeps avoiding me. That's just great. We're all laughing until Mikey says he needs his pizza, so we leave and go to Pizza Palace right around the corner.

We make small talk while we eat our pizza then Cal and Mike run over to the arcade on the other side of the restaurant. Ashton then says he has to go to the bathroom so he leaves.

Now it's me and Luke at the table alone. He sits up straighter and looks at his hands in his lap. I look to the ground until I hear someone ask,"Did you like the pizza?" I look up to see Luke staring at me waiting for me to answer. "Uh, yeah. I love pizza," I say. "Um, yeah, I do to. It's my favorite food," Luke explains.

I nod my head not knowing what to say. I look up and see a table hockey table. "Do you like table hockey," I ask.

Luke's expression lightens up as he looks at me. "Yeah. I do actually."

"I'm bad at it but do you want to verse me," I ask, nervous for his answer. "I'd love to," Luke smiles. We get up and go over. We start the game and Luke is smiling. I'm probably smiling like an idiot to, but I never thought this would happen.

He made 8 shots and I have 0. "I have to beat you, Hemmings!," I exclaim. He laughs,"That's never going to happen, Hunter."

I lose and he laughs as the game finishes. "You really one that one," he sarcastically says. We laugh and everyone decides to go to Mike's house so they could have band practice.