We want action and decisions that we can't fake

(Frank's POV)

Several days pass without skyping Gerard. The hard reality hits me every time I'm not able to Skype him when I want. Not like I used to. The only thing that helps me get through the day is the fact that I'd have a show nearly every day. It helps me keep my mind off the desperation and sexual frustration.

Every now and then I realize that I'm doing all of this for him and because of him. So I can't be the one to complain. But being without him is still painful. If only he'd get a new phone already.

"Frank?" Ray gently shoves my shoulder while I sat in the drivers seat of the van. Scared the hell out of me.
"I thought it was a rule not nearly give the lead singer of your band, a heart attack?"

He laughs ignoring my previous statement. "I've been thinking.."

"About?" I adjust myself so that I was facing him.

"Maybe we should get two rooms next week." He suggests. A smug smile on his face.

"What and Why?"

"A hotel room. We all reek more than a wookie's arm pit. And as much as I love sleeping against a van window, I'll go insane if I spend another weekend drowning in Matt's neck sweat."

I laugh, trying to hold off any snarky comment about Ray's weekend cuddling with Matt. "Why? Is he not letting you be the big spoon anymore?" I did say I was trying, right?

Ray shoves me again, rolling his eyes in the process. "Seriously man. I want sleep in a bed at least once this tour."

"And I know how much of big baby you've been about showering." He adds.

"We all do." Rob smirks at me as he entered the van.

I roll my eyes. "Fine but you're paying half."
The whole band cheers, even I was excited. Considering we've spent the entire tour sleeping in the van. Showering in gas station sinks, or just wiping ourselves down with some disinfectant wipes. Getting an actual shower will definitely be liberating.
Once everyone was ready to leave, I drove off. Headed to seattle.

I remembered a stupid comment Gerard said about the Washington state. Telling me to never let myself get bit by a sparkly vampire. Both of us would be in deep shit.

His twilight jokes never seemed to be not funny. His obsession with death and vampires never did seem to cease either. The memory of both caused me to smile, and miss him even more.
The weeks I have to drive is always the hardest for me. Mostly because I spend the majority of the time thinking of Gerard, or how I could be with him. Even when I stop to sleep, I dream of him. I rarely catch a break.

Five hours into the drive, everyone was fast asleep and it was nearly midnight. I was just pulling up at a gas station. I get the urge to text Gerard, but the fact that he might be asleep by now stops me. Considering time zones, it was pretty much three am in New York.

As soon as I stop next to a gas pump, the band starts to wake.

"How much longer?" Rob asks.

"Two hours till Seattle." I state.

"Fuck. You drove without stopping didn't you?" Matt drowsily says as he sat up from his seat.

I silently nod, internally high fiving myself for my achievement.

"Ray get your poodle ass up and pay for gas. It's your turn." I kick his foot that was sticking out of the seat.

He gets up and groans. "I paid last time, it's Matt's turn."

"Dammit." Matt sighs as he makes his way to the cashier.

Rob calls dibs on the first wipes bath in the bathroom before running inside the store.