Like scarecrows that fuel this flame we're burning

(Frank's Pov)

"You're amazing," he says with a cute blush. "I mean... Um... The song. It was amazing. And your playing, it was..." He sighs then shrugs, as if to give up. But on what exactly? "You're amazing," He repeats.

I look down towards my lap, trying to hide my own bashful blush. "Thanks." My mind kept wondering to whether or not I should tell him who the song really was about. Not just because he deserved to know but because well.. It was meant for him. Given the fact that, at the time that I wrote it, I never imagined that he would ever hear it. So, of course I put my heart and soul into that one song. I guess maybe, I did wish that he heard it.. Because.. Well.. Shit.. Who wouldn't in my situation?

I lightly bite down on my lip before meeting Gerard's shining hazel eyes. "You know, that song... I actually wrote it for-" I begin before being interrupted by the sound of Morrissey.

As I arch an eyebrow, Gerard groans and somewhat disappears from the camera view to search for whatever was making the noise, which was most likely his phone.

As I suspected, it was his phone because our conversation is forgotten and Gerard goes silent.

I rest my head on the palm of my angled arm and watch my laptop screen, letting my mind drift off to obscene thoughts of Gerard. Even though, we just barely got to know each other, Gerard was still incredibly hot and I'm still a teenage boy... Well somewhat.

A minute or two passes when Gerard's raised voice pulls me out of my taunting thoughts. "Shut up, Michael!" He spins his chair so that his back was facing me.

I shake off my lustful thoughts as well as my near erection and try to focus on whatever Gerard was doing.

"Yes, I am. Are you happy?" He says, but I have no idea of what he's talking about.

"Gee?" I say with a smirk after quickly glancing at the time from the corner of my laptop screen. It was about two am, but I was no where near being tired. As much as I wanted to spend the rest of the night skyping with my sass queen, I have class tomorrow, and I can't afford to come late to class in the morning.

Gerard turns to face me with his phone just below his jaw, and a small grin on the corner of his lips.

"It's getting late, so I'm gonna go to bed." As soon as my words registered into mind, he immediately frowned. And to be honest, it was heart breaking. "Don't frown. You're too pretty to frown." I add.

His frown slightly fades, with a hint of amusement in his eyes. I don't know how I can tell, but I just do. "I... Um... had fun tonight. Can I call you again tomorrow?"

His expression turns surprised at my question. He just sat there for a moment, as if he was contemplating something, or at least that's what it looked like. Maybe that wasn't such a good question to ask. "Yeah. Yeah, definitely."

"Awesome." I internally took a breath of relief then smiled. "So I'll see your face tomorrow. Night, beautiful." I wink at him before hanging up and sitting on the bed.

After putting my laptop back under my bed, I lay down with my hands rested under my head. I couldn't seem to stop smiling to myself. Mostly because I just spent the last 4 and a half hours talking to the most amazing person I've ever gotten the chance to not meet. It was as if the last three weeks never happened. And thank god for it too! The memory of Gerard's face had now been engraved into my mind. His smiles and laughs replayed in my head like a movie stuck on repeat.

What is it about this Gerard that makes me so giddy or obsessive? I know it's not only because of the way he looks. That one is simply obvious, for sure. But what else? I don't really know... Only time will tell I guess.