How can you listen all night long?

Gerard's POV

"...And I open the door to see him dragging a heater into the bathroom behind him," I chuckle. I'm sitting at my desk in front of the open laptop, watching Frank through the screen. My own camera is covered with a post-it note, showing him nothing but black from my side of the call, but I can clearly see the wide smile plastered across his face. The screen moves as I speak, his entire computer shaking on his lap as he laughs. "So he's plugging it in, right outside the shower with the fucking curtain open, and I'm just like, 'Mikey, what the hell are you doing!?' and he just looks at me with this completely blank expression and says, 'I'm cold...'" Frank's shaking his head, laughing his ass off at the story of my brother I'm relaying to him. I can't seem to look away from his lips, completely mesmerized by the way they curve upward. The small silver hoop that reflects the light in a rather attractive manner, catching and holding my attention.

"He sounds great," Frank says, the giggles dying down so there's just the contagious grin stretching across his flawless features. He bites down, sucking his lower lip into his mouth and running his teeth over the pink flesh. The simple gesture has a bright blush forming on my cheeks and I'm once again grateful that he can't see me.

Still, I nod. "He is. He's my best friend." I laugh once and look down at the comic book-- my comic book-- half hidden in the clutter on my desk, and pull it forward to study the white and rust-colored cover. "He's always been really supportive of me. My parents weren't too enthused when I went to art college instead of getting a 'real' degree. But Mikey... he didn't care. He practically signed my name on the college application and sent it in for me. When we were younger, he would always steal my comics, whatever half-finished shit sketches I had done at the time, and read them. I would find him asleep in his room with my notebook on his chest." I laugh again and look up. I realize I'm ranting, undoubtedly about something Frank doesn't give two fucks about. But when my eyes meet his through the computer screen, he's just nodding silently. He actually looks interested, and I sigh. "He was so excited when I told him Shaun's shop was actually selling one of my books. He's gonna flip his shit when I tell him I got the last two copies today. The rest sold out."

Frank's hazel eyes widen and another smile graces his cupid-bow lips. "Whoa, seriously? Gee, that's fuckin' amazing!" I can feel another blush light up my face with the nickname and grin as well.

"Thanks," I mumble coyly.

Frank shakes his head, glancing away from the camera and shrugging shyly. "I saw a lot of your other stuff before," He says, and I know he's referring to before I deactivated my Twitter. "It's incredible. Some of it has a Doom Patrol feel to it almost. It's awesome."

I feel my own eyes widen at his comment and find myself gaping at the computer screen, kind of surprised. "You read Doom Patrol?"

Frank scoffs and nods fervently. "Hell yes I read Doom Patrol."

I bite down on my lip to hold back any response because, well this man is my soul mate. No doubt about it. Frank laughs, shrugging again. "Anyway, I guess I'm just jealous. I wish I had some talent like yours. My drawings consist of stick figures and cartoon dicks."

I grin and shake my head, knowing he can't see me but still feeling the need to disagree. "You're one of the most talented people I've ever not met," I say, chuckling and earning a small smirk from him as well. "I mean, who cares if you can't draw? You're the best freaking guitarist I've ever seen. You just get so absorbed in the music, it's like it's a part of you. And your voice," I let out a heavy breath and make this "ughhh" sound. "Fuck, don't even get me started on your voice."

Frank's lips are pressed into a smile, like he's trying to hold back the grin, and I can't be sure if I'm imagining the pink that lights up his cheeks and neck. He laughs nervously and his tongue sweeps across his bottom lip.