I love what my hate makes me do

(Franks Pov)

(1 month later)

"Hello? I'm calling for Frank Iero. My name is Steven Parker from Reprise records and I wanted to speak with you about getting you signed to our label." His voice was cheery, clear and confident.

I freeze for a moment, thinking of any words I could possibly say. But unfortunately nothing comes out.

"After seeing your music videos on YouTube, I just had to call you for a record deal. Believe it or not, others are starting to notice too. I just want to be the first to actually get a hold of you."

I smile with utter excitement and content. "Well.. Uh.. I'd rather talk about this in person. Is there any way we can meet?"

He paused for a moment. "Actually, I don't have any day free until next week. Are you good for some time next week?"

"Monday is clear."

"Alright, Monday at eleven in my office it is. I'll see you then. Goodbye."

"Bye." I hang up.

"Who was that?" Ray appears out of nowhere holding our car keys in his hand.

"Some guy from a record company."

Ray's eyebrows raise in shock. "What did he want?"

"What do you think?" I laugh.

"That's fucking awesome." He smiles. "When are you meeting with him?"

"Monday."

He nods at me then heads upstairs to his room.

Things are much calmer with Ray ever since moving out of our dorms three weeks ago. Surprisingly he hasn't thrown a party since we moved in. Though, he's probably saving his energy and booze for his birthday party tonight.

Minutes later Ray comes back downstairs dressed in his AC-DC t-shirt and black jeans. "I'm heading out to pick up Jamia and her boyfriend, wanna come?"

"I've got nothing else better to do." I shrug. "Sure."

Despite the fact that I was only wearing my black sweats and my black and white striped hoodie, we walk out the door and head out to the airport.

It takes about half an hour to get to the airport, twenty more until the plane arrived and another five until we actually spot them at the luggage pick up area.

Once they spotted us, the both smile wide and Jamia rushes towards me for a hug.

"You must be Frank." The man standing next to Jamia smiles towards me. "I've heard so much about you. I'm Bob." He chuckles.

"I wish I could say the same." I glance at jamia. "This is my roommate, Ray. The birthday boy." I state, placing a hand on his shoulder.

After a several minutes of chatter and laughter, we begin our trip back to the house.

"Your room is upstairs, second door on the right." Ray states as soon as we walk through the front door of the house. "Just move the instruments aside if you need more room."

Bob nods and follows behind Jamia updtairs. "Thanks."

As Jamia and Bob went to assemble themselves into the makeshift guestroom, Ray and I relaxed in the living room.

"I told you renting a three bedroom house was a good idea." He laughs.

*6:00pm*

Everyone was getting the decorations, snacks, food and drinks ready for the party that's going to start in a couple hours. Meanwhile I debated if I should call my mom and tell her about the news with the record company.