And now should I be shocked by the last thing you said?

Gerard's POV

He was perfect. He was like the very embodiment of the word beautiful. The grin that stretched across his face when I looked up and met his hazel eyes was breathtaking and oh fuck, I sound like a girl, but he was... perfect.

And he was watching me.

"Hey." As soon as the single word left his lips, I was throwing myself off the chair and onto the floor. Literally. It was a stupid move probably, but I didn't know how to react. I panicked. I couldn't let him see me-- I knew, without a doubt, that if he saw what I actually looked like, if he knew the Gerard that hid behind the computer screen, he wouldn't want to talk to me anymore.

"Dammit, Gerard! You ugly idiot!" I hit myself in the forehead with the palm of one hand and prop myself up so my back was against the wall. At this angle, I could see the full computer screen, with minimum negativity, but the small box on the bottom right corner  showed nothing but the wall behind my now empty desk chair.

I'm watching Frank Iero on Skype right now.

The thought seems insane to me. Not even twenty-four hours ago, this guy was nothing more than a one inch by one inch photo on Twitter and now I was watching him, live and in virtual person, on my computer screen.

I groan and bring my head back, allowing the back of my skull to connect with the hard wall. "You're such a fucking idiot," I curse myself. I mean, I answered the Skype call with my face for crying out loud!

"I'm going to hang up for a quick minute," Frank says suddenly. "Alright?"

I try to ignore the pang in my chest and the frown that etches itself into place. I bite down on my lip, feeling unreasonable sadness that overwhelms me. He's hanging up... "Sure," I say. The word feels forced and it actually hurts my throat to say.

"I'm going to switch over to my laptop," He explains, a smile once again gracing his lips. Fuck, those lips are gonna be the death of me... "So you'll have to answer when I call again."

The smile is probably evident in my voice when I reply. "Okay." My heartbeat involuntarily accelerates and then stops completely when Frank winks. "Don't go anywhere, hot stuff."

I feel the heat rush to my face, burning and bright red, and thank God that he can't see me. When the screen goes black, I let out a heavy breath. "Holy fucking fuck suckers!" I yell. My inner fangirl is set loose and I grin, burying my face in both of my hands and laughing. He's calling back. Frank is going to call me back. And talk to me. Like a normal human being. Because he wants to.

Or he feels bad for me. Maybe he just feels bad for me. I've admitted before that I'm a loner; He probably feels bad that I don't have any friends. He's just being nice...

I swallow down every negative voice that fills my head and close my eyes. I breathe in deeply when a small ringing sound fills the room. I look back to the screen and see a small black box against a white screen. I climb forward on my hands and knees to get a better look. Three buttons shimmer against the black; Answer Call. Answer With Video. Ignore Call.

I purse my lips, studying each of the choices. What do I do!? I move my finger across the small mouse pad, the arrow appearing over the second button and, hesitantly, I push down. A second later, Frank's face flashes across the screen again and my heart stops. His face is only slightly out of focus, lagging a bit with the slow wifi, but still just as perfect. His black hair is messy, looking strangely sexy on him. It gives him a rugged, punk-rocker look that seems to fit him just right. I find myself glancing back and forth between the rings that pierce his mouth and nose. The way his tongue pokes at the hoop on the left side of his lip, even when I don't think he realizes he's doing it. His now dry eyes are rimmed with red, making it look like he's been crying, but I figured it would be rude to ask why. Though the thought of this beautiful man crying makes my chest ache.