I've always held my doubts so close to my heart

(Franks Pov)

"You fucking idiot. I'm in love with you." Gerard shouted with fresh tears rolling down his cheeks.

The second his words registered into my mind, I fall speechless, completely. My mind goes blank and I'm left standing there probably looking like an idiot. "I..Um." I manage to choke out before gently pushing Gerard away from me and storming out of the room, going all the way out to the lobby of his apartment building.

The moment I left the apartment, I couldn't stop hearing the words in my head, like a broken record stuck on repeat. They didn't mock me, haunt me or even intimidate me. Not in the least. So why did I storm out the way I did?

In the silence of the lobby, I could hear fast footsteps coming from the stairway. I immediately assume it's probably Gerard or Ray, wanting to know why I stormed out and run out of the building. I ran and ran, and didn't care about which direction i was headed towards, i just needed to get far away from Gerard. Or maybe just everyone in that apartment. I don't know. Right now, I just need to think. By myself.

After running for probably about five or ten minutes, I stop and take several deep breaths. Not too soon after, I regret my decision to run away from Gerard's apartment because I have no idea of where I am. And just when I couldn't hate myself any more, I realize that I had left without my jacket.. Which was most likely somewhere on Gerard's bedroom floor.. Now I'm somewhat freezing.

Looking at the time on my phone, I saw that it was nearly eleven am. This must be the longest morning of my life.

Within seconds of glancing away from my screen, my phone vibrates like crazy. Meaning someone was calling me. Probably Gerard. I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Still, I answer the phone anyway.

"What the hell, Frank?!" Jamia shouts through the phone and taking me by surprise. "I thought you liked Gerard! You don't run from some one you like, asshat."

I stayed silent. Mostly because I didn't know what to say or how to even explain to her why I ran out. And she's right, I do like Gerard. How can I not? He's simply perfect in every way possible.

"Answer me!" She shouts again.

I take a deep breath. "It's not something I can explain right now Jamia."

"Well, fuck. Gerard is locked in his room, screaming and throwing shit around because of you. And I swear to god that you better have a good reason for hurting him-"

"Or what? You'll hurt me? Jamia, you of all people know you can't. Just leave me alone. I'll be back in time before we have to leave for Pittsburgh. See you then." I state just before hanging up and shoving my phone back in my pocket.

"You fucking idiot. I'm in love with you." the words echo once again. Is it possible that I ran away from him because I was afraid to admit i loved him too?

Before him, I never knew what love felt like, or meant. Even now I still kind of don't. All of these new feelings I've been getting are because of him. Feelings I never thought I'd ever experience. As cliché as it sounds, I would've thought I would fall for Jamia first before anyone else. Considering we've been best friends since pretty much forever. But I didn't. It was Gerard.

Thinking over everything that's happened in the last several months, I realize that most of what I've done was for Gerard.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be doing this small summer tour. Because let's face it, I'd probably still be in my room, practicing on my guitar or writing more songs, if I hadn't met him. Either that, or I'd probably be touring the wrong part of the country, oblivious to the fact that the most perfect human being is living on the eastern coast.