Well here's your answer in spades love or leave it

(Frank's Pov)

"I just want to know what we are, Frank. Are we... Just friends?" He stares into my eyes, possibly searching for an unspoken answer or an expression of disapproval. I can't really tell.

It seems as though the time between us fades and everything surrounding me besides the laptop in front of me is dissolving. The question repeating over and over in my mind like a mantra. What are we?

A lump builds in my throat before I even have the capability to think of a possible answer. "I d-don't know." I manage to choke out into a near whisper.

Gerard frowns, glancing down at his probably fidgeting hands. "I need to know.. Because not knowing whether or not we're going anywhere is killing me. I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time, Frank."

I never thought about it. About us.

I guess I was just... Distracted. I don't know. Gerard and I never really seemed like anything. To be honest, I don't think we ever could be anything. Considering that we're too far away from each other, and long distance relationships never usually work out in the end. But of course, our flirting is... Well.. Just flirting.

But don't get me wrong, there's nothing I'd want more than to be more than just Gerard's friend. It would be a hell of a privilege to even be considered Gerard's boyfriend. He's absolutely perfect. In every possible way. But... There's just no chance of us being able to have a stable relationship and be a thousand or more miles away from each other. I wouldn't be able to handle that, to be honest.

I wouldn't be able to cope with not being there for him when someone made him feel anything below amazing. Not being able to wake him up with kisses every morning before class. Singing stupid little tunes to him when ever he felt even the slightest bit upset, or even just feeling his body next to mine when ever I felt like I needed to feel him near me. Which would undoubtedly be almost all the time.

I could think of a million scenarios in which I'd love to be in with Gerard, but when it comes to reality, it'll never happen.. No matter how much I want it to..

So... What's the point?

"I think..." I trail off with a deep sigh, thinking of a way to answer him in the nicest way possible. "We're just friends, Gerard."

"I like you alot too. But lets face it, we live too far away from each other to even sustain a relationship... It's only best that we keep being friends." I add.

Nearly every word coming out of my mouth feels like a stab in my stomach. But it needed to be said, because its the truth. Even Gerard knows it. A long distance relationship is not impossible but its too much of a risk, emotionally.

Gerard gives me a curt nod before clearing his throat and forcing out a smile. "Do friends flirt with each other?"

"Not really, but lets just say they do." I laugh softly.

He nods again but he doesn't say a word. I could see the sadness carving itself onto his face, and taking over his thoughts.

The subject between us fades and we grow uncomfortably silent.

Several minutes pass and I can no longer take the silence between us so I get up from the bed and grab my guitar from beside my night stand and begin to play.

"Hand in mine, into your icy blues and then I'd say to you.." I began to sing as I played the rhythm on my guitar.

Gerard immediately looks at me, bright eyed and slightly amused.

"I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets.."

"You never mentioned the name of that song.." He smiles. "What is it?"