We'll celebrate the end of things with cheap champagne

(Frank's POV)

No matter how many times I repeated it in my mind, I couldn't get myself to believe he was actually here. By now, I've probably said it like forty times. Even as I'm running towards the hotel's small cafeteria, cursing my smokers lungs for burning in my chest, I see him and I can't contain the amount of relief it brings me. My thoughts were running wild and seeing him only makes everything soo worth it.

Although not everything made sense about what has happened in the last couple of months, but in reality, it kind of did. In a way, I don't really know how to explain it. But it somewhat makes sense to me. Even if it didn't, this was Gerard. Not everything had to make sense about him, because that's what makes him the adorable weirdo I adore soo much.

By the time I get to the cafeteria, I see him starting to stand from the nearby booth across from a clearly hungover brown haired guy I've never met. Though I assume Gerard knows him, otherwise they wouldn't be in the same booth in an almost empty cafeteria. The moment he's stood up, I engulf myself into his arms, not caring about the fact that I'm shirtless in public. "This is the best birthday present ever." I can't help but say as I breathed in Gerard's scent of old coffee and faint cigarette smoke.

"I agree." He laughs, lightly tightening his grip around my waist. "But it makes me wonder what you have planned for mine." Gerard lets go of me and smiles. I couldn't help but notice he was practically gleaming with joy. Or maybe it was the way that his newly blonde hair complemented his skin tone. I don't know but I loved the way it looked. Was there any hair color that didn't look good on him?

"That's not for another 6 months ponyboy." I wink at him, still trying to get myself to believe this wasn't a dream. "Anyways, we need to talk."

Gerard simply nods and leads us to the emptiest part of the cafeteria. "What's wrong?" He asks as soon as we sat at a small table for two. His concern grew the longer we sat in silence. Mostly because of the fact that I have no idea of how to word everything I want to say.

"You know that I love you, right?" I begin, shaking my leg to get my nerves out. Though I know there's nothing to be nervous about. Gerard nods again, giving me a small reassuring smile. And it gives me the smallest bit of relief.

"I torture myself too much over the thought that everything I do, might cause you to leave me. And I hate it. Last night and this morning was a clear example of that."

Gerard's smile fades, and my heart starts to race. "Why would it? You did nothing wrong."

I run my hands through my hair, causing me to realize once again that I was shirtless. Though I don't remember why I didn't just steal one of Ray's T-shirts from his room before storming out. I never said I was the smartest person I've ever known. "Last night was..."

"Incredible." He laughs, as he clearly recalls the memory.

"Yes but I had a very different point of view and it still feels like I betrayed you. Everything I did was under the influence of something I haven't done in such a long time. And I somewhat regret it because I couldn't completely enjoy the fact that it was you the whole time." I frown.

Gerard sighs, rubbing his face and eyes leaving my mind to race to places I never thought possible. Though it's never often that I let my insecurities run wild. "After all the shit that we've been through, do you think that my feelings for you have ever changed? Especially with all the fucked up situations with Jenna?"

"There have been times where you have made me want to rip my own heart out and forget you even existed, but.." He trails off for a second to take off his sweater and hand it to me. "In the end, I still care. And I don't think I'll see the day when I don't. That's the curse of being in love." He adds. And I totally understand what he is saying. Though in my situation, it would be different because of the fact that I'm the one who fucks up all the time.

"I know." The only words I'm able to say when I start to put on the slightly loose sweater.

"But let's be clear here, Frank. You in no way did anything wrong. Ever. Because in reality we never even made us official. So you were never really cheating. I just had a hard time dealing with it, because I'm soo damn head over heals for you. And it's my fault for making you look like the bad guy here."

In that moment, my expression is clearly confused and on the inside, guilt begins to eat at me. "For fucks sake, Gee. We didn't have to say it to make it official. You are literally the only person who's ever heard 'I love you' come out of my mouth. Ask Jamia, she's known me longer than Ray has. And you think that after telling you that, I would let you stay single? You seriously need to reevaluate yourself." I chuckle.
He just stares at me, clearly speechless. Though I can tell he's starting to blush and I find it utterly adorable when he turns his head to try and hide it. "And from now on I'll say it as many times as you want me to say it. Because I no longer want to say it to anyone else, aside from my first dog. But that's nothing to worry about."

"That's debatable." Gerard laughs, and the sound makes me smile wide. Honestly, if it weren't for my music career, I'd just stay home and stare at his gorgeous face all day. "But it wouldn't hurt to hear it one more time before we start talking about getting a dog." He smiles.
I instinctively nod, feeling a smirk coming on. "Fine, but only after you agree to marry me."