Alright, she wants it all to come down this time

Gerard's POV

My stomach twists and my hands feel sweaty all of sudden. I really shouldn't be this nervous, but something churning deep in my gut was telling me that this was a bad idea. It doesn't help when Frank finally grins, casting me a flirty wink and shifting on the mattress. "Here she is, Gee."

"Wait, she?" I don't know what it is really, but the known fact now that it's a girl that I'm meeting has me biting nervously on the nail of my thumb. It's not nerves about meeting her, per se, but a twinge of jealousy instead. Of course, Frank has friends that are girls and boys alike. But I've talked to him enough to know that he usually leans more toward the former. It's irrational and stupid, but I can't help the sudden flare of envy-- Had he and this girl hooked up? Probably.

When Frank returns to the screen with a girl, undeniably attractive, my stomach just drops more. "Wow, Frankie. He's hot." My eyes widen slightly and I try to fight down the blush I feel rising in my cheeks. "I'd totally want him, if there wasn't already someone else. "

Dammit. I knew it. Bitch is hot for my man.

I swallow hard and force a smile, already my fingers itching to just close out of the screen and tell Frank I lost internet connection. Do you need internet for Skype? Fuck if I know...

So I simply remain still. My eyes are locked on Frank, standing awkwardly to the left of the screen. I wish he would say something. The silence is getting more uncomfortable by the second and there is no way I'm going to speak first.

Eventually, Frank must get the hint and clears his throat. "Gee, this is Jenna."

"Hi," I mumble, waving a little before returning to dutifully chewing off my painted black nail. The nail polish flecks off in my mouth and I spit it out.

The girl, Jenna, falls onto the bed with a heavy sigh and makes herself comfortable. Again, the jealousy surges forward. I watch as she pulls at Frank's sheets, tugging them up to cover her as she settles back against the wall and smiles at me. "So you're my Frankie's new boyfriend?"

More envy. Her Frankie?

And then I realize what she just called me. I blush again and fiercely shake my head. "No, I'm not... It's... Um... We're just--"

Jenna laughs, ignoring the cutting look Frank is shooting in her direction. "Yeah, yeah. 'Just friends.' Whatever." She puts air quotes around the words and I begin biting down on my nail again. She waves a hand around and takes another swig from her bottle. Is that beer? My mouth falls open silently and I watch as she downs the rest of it's contents. When it's gone, she burps loudly and drops the bottle onto the floor. Her eyes come back to me. All of the attention I'm getting is making me feel nervous again and I wish Frank would just fucking say something because he's making me feel kind of helpless over here. But he's too preoccupied glaring at his friend.

It's quiet for a long time. Jenna simply watches me and I shift under her scrutiny, like she's sizing me up. Eventually, Frank comes to my rescue. "Jenna's studying music like me, Gee," He says. "She's taking more vocal courses than I am, but we have the same basics, right Jenna?"

Jenna doesn't reply, but I smile regardless. "That's really cool," I say. "Frank told me you guys have some really talented people there. If you're as good as Frankie, I'd love to hear you some time."

Frank smiles at me, obviously proud I'm attempting to hold a conversation no matter how awkward it may be. However, Jenna doesn't seem so willing. When the silence falls once more, Frank tries again to ignite conversation. "Gerard's in his second year for art," He tells his friend. "His stuff is freaking incredible." He even gestures to the walls behind him, my work still adorning the wallpaper.

"Mm-hmm." Jenna hums, not really sounding interested in the least. "Cool." Suddenly she sits up straighter, her eyes narrow and looking kind of bloodshot as she stares into my soul. "So, Gerard." She says, deliberately drawing out my name in a way that makes me even more nervous. I can even see the wariness in Frank's expression as he watches the girl. "You're gay, right?"

I cock an eyebrow at her and glance again at Frank. He told her that? "Jenna!" Frank exclaims widening his eyes at her, but she simply brushes him off with the wave of her hand. She continues watching me, waiting for a response.

"Umm yeah," I mumble.

Jenna nods slowly and shifts closer to the screen. "Let's say you like this boy," She states. I immediately tense up. She can't know that I like Frank, right? No. We're just friends. "But you're not really sure how he feels about you. What do you do?"

"Uh..." Is she asking me for relationship advice? I try to overlook the uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach and focus on her scenario, ignoring that it sounds similar to my own relationship with Frank. "I would tell him," I say. "Find out how he feels."

"And what if he doesn't feel the same?" She demands. She blinks a few times, looking tired and tipsy. "I mean, what if he decides that he doesn't like you? You just wasted an entire friendship."

I shake my head. "No," I disagree. "If you're really friends, then you guys can move on and keep being friends, I think."

Jenna is nodding slowly. She's still staring at me, though her eyes aren't really focused on anything. "So I just... go for it?"

"Sure," I shrug, not convincingly. My stomach wrenches again.

Frank looks wary, watching Jenna and occasionally glancing back at me. He seems about as confused at the exchange as I am.

"I'm glad I'm drunk," Jenna finally decides, her words kind of slurred for emphasis. "That way I won't remember this in the morning." She's moving suddenly, the screen lagging only a bit with the fast movement, but I still see her actions. She leans across the small space between Frank and herself, both of her hands grasping each side of his face as she clumsily plants a messy kiss on his lips.

Envy surges up within me and I only gape at the pair before me. Frank reacts before I do, his eyes widening in shock as he somewhat gently pushes the girl away. He stares on, his mouth hanging open and his face one of bewilderment. "Jenna, what the hell was--"

His exclamation is cut off instantly when Jenna lurches forward again, this time throwing up all over Frank's lap. His face falls and he looks kind of sick himself.

Jenna proceeds to groan and fall back on the bed while Frank seems to realize I'm still watching this entire thing. He focuses back on me, his bottom lip quivering and he looks close to tears.

"I'm so sorry, Gee," He mumbles. "I just-- I have to go."

Before I can say anything, the call ends and I'm left to stare at the black screen wondering what the hell just happened.